BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 181 - 190 of 596 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...60

Forum » Thread

Winds
I can only give a few thoughts on the winds. When I have been there (3rd week of August) the bugs were not too much of an issue at all. In a normal snow year, I only found snow on the lee side of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advice Sought on ten day Wind River Range or Teton/Washakie Wilderness
March 28, 12:44pm

REI
I was told by an online chat person that the 20% will come out on 3/22

In Gear Deals » REI Coupon?
March 18, 10:05am

Long Poles
Just set up the Shangri La 2 nest. You need to have at least 140CM poles for them to work without a jack and have them on the edge of the nest. You could set them at 145 and use them on the out...

In GEAR » duomid/sl2 space with inverted poles and opinions on which setup is preferred
March 13, 8:15pm

Good Idea
I like the idea of inverted poles in a SL2. (Why didn't I think of that?) I will set mine up tonight in the basement with and without the nest and snap a few pics. Ben

In GEAR » duomid/sl2 space with inverted poles and opinions on which setup is preferred
March 13, 9:47am

Kaitum
So far I really like it. It has withstood some serious conditions in my basement. I actually have not had a chance to take it out in the wild yet, but I can't wait to get it some use. I have...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
March 10, 8:14pm

Kaitum Weights
I took the time to weigh all the components of my Kaitum 3 this afternoon. I thought I would post them incase anyone was interested. I always like to see this type of breakdown before I buy a ten...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
March 10, 3:28pm

Nest
This nest is sad no one wants to buy it! Please help it stay out of the gear closet! (its dark, and there are spiders in there)

In Gear Swap » FS Golite Shangri La 2 Nest - Stock $55
March 09, 10:29am

Zzzzzzzzz
Did you have to share your friends shelter because the mosquitoes were coming under the SL2 at night, or was it more due to them bothering you before you went to sleep while you were hanging?

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range 2012
March 08, 3:26pm

Door
Do you also have netting over the door? If so, is there just a zipper in the same place as the zipper on the fly? Also, what length is the netting on yours, and do you think it is long enough o...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range 2012
March 07, 7:08pm

nest
Still for sale You don't have PM's set up yet

In Gear Swap » FS Golite Shangri La 2 Nest - Stock $55
March 07, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.