Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 181 - 190 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
Indeed, but why should innocent Palestinians have to pay the price for German atrocities? There is a very big difference, too, between "Germans" and "Nazis". A great portion ...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 15, 8:55pm

Michael, I can understand why you would want to talk about Israel defending itself. And, to a reasonable degree, I agree with you. I have close friends and some family in Israel, so it's not as...

November 15, 8:30pm

And this is where the discussion inevitably leads to, in this country. Have a problem with Israeli politics and now you are spreading anti Jewish propaganda. I'm completely with Kat on this...

November 15, 6:36pm

Re: Hallelujah!
Good to have the family back together again!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hallelujah!
November 14, 6:15am

Re: Bad photos
"A bad photo is a bad photo - it's rare that a bad color photo makes an excellent B&W one." Have to agree with Paul on this. Sometimes a bad color photo that has good compositi...

In Photography » B&W photography
November 13, 4:43am

Re: Any guess as to where we'll wind up?
Mary, it is good to see another person mention TLB. I haven't been on those forums in a very long time, but that is where, long before BPL, I first learned to start going lighter (aside from re...

In Chaff » Any guess as to where we'll wind up?
November 10, 10:40pm

Re: Uh, what?
Dean, Henry did make a Moment-like shelter with trekking poles. It's called the Notch. Very similar, plus it has double doors, and double vestibules. I have the Notch. I've never the used o...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment or?
November 07, 9:02am

New Essay "Ultralight Is Not Dead", by Hendrik Morkel
Hendrik Morkel, of the well-known UL blog Hiking In Finland, has posted a very comprehensive essay on the state of UL today, with contributions by Glen Van Peski, Colin Ibbotson, Chris Townsend, Ro...

In On the Web » New Essay "Ultralight Is Not Dead", by Hendrik Morkel
November 06, 4:05am

Re: BPLrs with blogs
I have one. Laughing Knees. I used to post regularly, but what with the disasters in 2011 and getting very sick at the end of that year, and then my site getting completely destroyed by a malicious...

In On the Web » BPLrs with blogs
November 05, 5:24am

Re: Backpacking in SEVERE weather (hurricanes/storms) etc.
To add a little bit Roger's reply... I've seen entire, gigantic 500 year old OAK TREES get torn up from the ground and batted down like so many paper bags in several huge storms. In the Phi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in SEVERE weather (hurricanes/storms) etc.
November 05, 2:11am

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am