BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 181 - 190 of 550 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
space blanket seems like it wouldn't stand up to a pine cone...

In GEAR » natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
August 06, 10:55am

BPL article
I"m reading the BPL article now: "Because the dogs were not trained to find salami or cheese, the “scent” for the study would consist of eight pouches of illicit substances used fo...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 06, 10:51am

Re: Barf factor
> At some point it becomes a chore to take in enough calories to offset the calorie deficit, sometimes to the point of " I cant eat another thing". That and (sorry if it gets gross...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 06, 10:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE:
> Because I always run at a deficit AND I meter calories in at least hourly AND I don't stop for breaks, there is no opportunity to ever get your blood sugar high. Couple other points. Oh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 06, 10:19am

Re: Re: RE:
> You are burning 400 to 600 calories an hour . By not eating for 4 hours you've depleted your carbo account and are shutting down the "fat by carbos" metabolism, and are reduced t...

August 05, 11:03pm

frankenfood..
The other problem with these are that the list of ingredients are just insane. Some of these things are a bit iffy . I just found out that I'm VERY sensitive to sugar alcohols and xanthan g...

August 05, 8:11pm

natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
I'm a hammock camper so I don't have a ground sheet. In an emergency I realized I can use my map as a ground sheet for my torso. The I can use my pack for my feet and my rain jacket for m...

In GEAR » natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
August 05, 7:50pm

protein
> PowerBar's Harvest line is about 240 calories a bar, and include 10 grams of protein. This is another issue I was going to bring up... I need to look into this. A protein boosted bar w...

August 05, 7:38pm

spreadsheet
I just put together this spreadsheet for 22 mile days: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBAy3nnEh65dGtEY2dTdWVZRFhIZlFoWGo0VGtTaVE#gid=1

August 05, 6:39pm

RE:
> How many days are your trips and what is your daily mileage? Most of my trips are 2-3 days ... long weekends basically. With a few 7-9 day trips. I think I'm going to experiment with...

August 05, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.