BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 181 - 190 of 559 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...56

Forum » Thread

MLD speedmid questions
1. Can it be pitched to the ground? A couple photos online look pretty good but it's hard to tell. 2. Can 2 adults sit up in it? Thanks

In GEAR » MLD speedmid questions
November 11, 11:20am

Re: BPLrs with blogs
Cool. Lots of good stuff I hadn't seen... Mine: outlivingblog.wordpress.com

In On the Web » BPLrs with blogs
November 05, 2:59pm

Re: Re: FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
Rain Trekker sold...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
November 01, 12:25pm

equilibrium
I've had my eye on the Alpine jacket for a couple years... Dave, where would you say equilibrium breathability falls on a houdini-boreas continuum?

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts
October 31, 12:53pm

Re: Dad's first trip to Utah
I'd vote Escalante area for easy access to mind-blowing prettiness and tons of dayhiking (plus lots of short overnight/2 night opportunities). There would be more than enough there but you cou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dad's first trip to Utah
October 31, 8:22am

Breathability differential in liner and shell material for quilts/bags
Recently it seems that a lot of people are using 8d/nobull for liners due to it's nice hand and breathability and something more windproof (less breathable) with better dwr for the outer shell ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Breathability differential in liner and shell material for quilts/bags
October 30, 3:21pm

Re: Re: FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
Prices dropped on remaining items...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
October 30, 6:57am

Re: Re: Re: My planned layers
I'm with Mike--you want something thin and light as your first layer regardless of season. I use a short sleeve tee as my first layer year round. I use merino 1 for cooler weather and Arctery...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
October 29, 7:49am

Re: Aldo Leopold Wilderness
Thanks for the report. That looks like some awesome forest. Gotta get down there sometime.

In Post-Trip Reports » Aldo Leopold Wilderness
October 28, 1:43pm

Re: re: pack design
A couple tips for attaching shoulder straps: -Attach shoulder straps to a piece of fabric and then attach that to the back panel. This makes future adjustments much easier than if they're sew...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with a MYOG Pack
October 26, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.