Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 181 - 190 of 905 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...91

Forum » Thread

"re-thinking Exped pad decision--call out on UL9"
Thanks, Mike: I ended up going with the UL7 Medium Wide. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

In GEAR » re-thinking Exped pad decision--call out on UL9
April 08, 6:04pm

"Winter down jacket for 3 season use?"
I got a great price on a winter hooded puffy and have ended up using it in the summer in the Sierra. My reasoning is, there's nothing warmer for less weight than down. So I leave at least one...

In GEAR » Winter down jacket for 3 season use?
April 08, 4:37pm

"Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 in high winds?"
+1 to what Bob said. I've used this tent for years and I've never had an issue with wind. But I'd definitely add a rock pile to my stakes if wind is a consideration. Actually the Fly...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 in high winds?
April 08, 1:25pm

"Exped Hyperlite and Winterlite first impressions"
I went all over the map deciding which exped pad to get. I've used the UL7 for years and love it. But I was about to pull the trigger on the winterlite for the added r value. I'm a stomach ...

In GEAR » Exped Hyperlite and Winterlite first impressions
April 07, 10:30am

re-thinking Exped pad decision--call out on UL9
I'm beating a dead horse, but...I was all set to buy the new Winterlite Medium Wide. I'd only pay a 4 ounce penalty over my UL7, but gain in r value. It also has a wider shoulder width than...

In GEAR » re-thinking Exped pad decision--call out on UL9
April 02, 3:20pm

"Lost Coast tent pegs/stakes"
Hey Richie: I'm thinking about doing this hike too. I'm interested if you have any info on the logistics of getting in and out from the trailhead--and which ones. also, if you have solution...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Coast tent pegs/stakes
March 31, 1:16pm

"My "wind shirt" rant..."
Piper: true. As I've mentioned, I love my Houdini in lots of non-multi day backpacking scenarios. I guess that for me, when I'm out for a week, I always end up using my shell as a dual-use ...

In Multiple Use Gear » My "wind shirt" rant...
March 31, 1:11pm

"Canyonlands National Park"
If you go to Island in the Sky, the Syncline loop trail is a great day hike. There are a few offshoot trails on this loop that would make it a good over-nighter too I suspect, if you wanted to take...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Canyonlands National Park
March 31, 10:15am

"REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?"
According to rei specs, the winterlite Mwide is five inches (!!!) wider at the shoulder than the UL7. but it may be narrower at the foot. I'm still not sure. But the picture that opens this thr...

In GEAR » REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?
March 30, 1:22pm

"REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?"-exped single valve issues?
Last question on the new synmats--winterlite in particular. Exped has gone to a single valve. One reviewer said that they had problems getting all of the air out when they rolled it up. Anyone hav...

In GEAR » REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?
March 30, 10:18am

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm