BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 181 - 190 of 580 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...58

Forum » Thread

"electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?"
Interesting, I thought we were aiming at clear urine. That's why I thought I was under-hydrated: yellow urine. Good news if yellow is mellow.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 12, 8:46pm

electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
Again, thanks for your responses. Roger: yeah, a liter an hour is what I decided I'd like to aim for this season; I've never actually achieved that. But many consider that kind of water...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 12, 8:20pm

Thanks for the replies. I've never really used electrolyte supplements before except for throwing in a few packages of powdered mixes on some earlier trips, which I'd drink at the end of th...

May 12, 10:39am

Electrolyte replacement capsules are so much lighter than powdered mixes that I bought a bottle of Salt Stick caps at REI. These have calcium, magnesium, chloride, sodium and potassium at a very lo...

May 11, 7:21pm

"Helium Vs. Versalite
Bill: I was curious about the Plasma because I'd read mixed/contradictory reviews about it and wondered if you'd found a flaw, or something that you didn't like. Really just wanted your...

In GEAR » Helium Vs. Versalite (I know, another sleeping bag comparison rehash)
May 11, 5:06pm

Helium Vs. Versalite (I know, another sleeping bag comparison rehash)"
I'm 5'9'' and 140 lbs. I like my Helium, although I haven't had it down to 15% yet. And I haven't used the Versalite. I got a great price on the Helium. It is roomy but I...

In GEAR » Helium Vs. Versalite (I know, another sleeping bag comparison rehash)
May 09, 10:30pm

First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
No real snow until you hit lower Rae Lake...very good news. And it sounds like you can route around that steep section going to/from Upper RL...? Because I'd rather not do that without an axe. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
May 08, 10:35am

"First group to hike Rae Lakes this year"
James: can you write about snow levels on the Woods Creek trail? was it ever technical getting into Rae Lakes?

In Post-Trip Reports » First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
May 07, 7:34pm

Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the vent
My Mountain Hardware Canyon nylon shirt has vents under the arms and down the sides. Very nice. However I just looked on line and they're showing this shirt with side AND back vent! Maybe look ...

In GEAR » Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the "vent"?
May 07, 10:15am

"5 oz Hardshell?"
The North Face makes a 5 oz.ish smock with their Hyvent fabric that isn't too bad. It doesn't breathe much so will wet out from exertion, but it's pretty waterproof. I ended up using it...

In GEAR » 5 oz Hardshell?
May 06, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm