Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Guest

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 181 - 190 of 323 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...33

Forum » Thread

Measurements
Thanx for your comments. All measurements are before seam allowances.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
March 14, 11:10pm

Pack Pxts
Hey Jeffrey, Thanks for your comments. The shoulder straps are attached using 1/2" webbing and they are shaped similar to the new Zpacks design. The shape is more comfortable than the orig...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 14, 1:20pm

MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
After seeing some of the cuben hybrid material used on the Zpacks Exo backpacks, I decided to try some on my own version of a cuben pack. The idea with this pack is to make something big enough...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 13, 5:09pm

Quilt Questions
Hey Stephen, I used omni tape to form the footbox. It seems to be working well with no draft problems. The tape holds tight. I've used it with the 38" length at the foot end and that ha...

March 12, 11:32pm

McHale Bump goes to a Secret Place
Thanks for posting your report, and good to see you got the McHale. That is a beautiful creation.

In Post-Trip Reports » McHale Bump goes to a Secret Place
March 08, 11:32pm

Cuben Baffles
Thanx Stephen. I've had the same concerns about the lighter weight cuben. The black wearable quilt is holding up with no problems so far. I've made quilts using the 0.31 and the 0.51 cuben ...

March 08, 11:22pm

SEKI loops
Hi and welcome to BPL. I am more familiar with the SEKI area than Angeles National Forest. If you are comfortable doing about 15 miles/day there are several amazing 4 day loops in SEKI. Rae Lak...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Los Angeles, CA Area
March 02, 9:49pm

Re: Re: MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy
Thanks for your comments Ultra. For the junction where the zipper ends and the side/french seam begins I left the fabric that is on either side of the zipper, but cut about 1/4" of the actual ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
February 29, 2:19pm

Cuben Hat Cover
I recently made a cuben hat cover for a Sunday Afternoons hat. After hiking in the rain recently I kept my hat and windshirt on as long as possible (until they both soaked through). Although the ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben hat cover?
February 29, 1:54pm

MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
Thanks for the comments. Good luck with your bivy project Jace, and have fun on the PCT this summer. Andy.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
February 27, 11:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am