BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 181 - 190 of 292 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: California -- Kings Canyon -- Echo Col
I realize this post is from last season, I'm a little late joining the party. Thanks for posting the detailed map and photo. I'm considering using this as a way to access the second ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » California -- Kings Canyon -- Echo Col
December 21, 5:20pm

SoCal
A little late joining this post, but a SoCal get-together would be welcome this spring. I'm in Laguna Beach.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southern California
December 18, 5:27pm

Re: jmt
Great tr and pxts Andrew, thanx for posting. I miss being on the Jmt! I started a few days after you heading south from mammoth and hit a crazy thunderstorm on Pinchot pass. The SHR awaits!

In Post-Trip Reports » John Muir Trail
December 17, 10:40pm

Sewing
Colin: Working with SevenD is a lot like Momentum 50 or 55, but it has more of a silky feel. It's like the luxury material for UL. It is very slippery so I pinned the edges every 5 or 6 inches ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
December 05, 11:27pm

Re: MYOG Wearable Quilt
Shoe size eleven, 'E' width. 'hope that helps!

December 05, 6:17pm

Re: MYOG Wearable Quilt
Thanx again MYOG'ers. I appreciate the comments. I am 6'0", 185 lbs. The 56" width feels like more than enough with plenty of extra material to tuck under my back or side (I&#...

December 04, 4:03pm

Re: MYOG Wearable Quilt Pxt
Thanks for the comments MYOG'ers. I decided to make it wearable to save weight by not having to bring a puffy jacket. Fortunately fashion is not a concern in the wilderness, with that in mind t...

December 03, 1:09pm

MYOG Wearable Quilt
I am new to making my own gear and just recently started sewing on an old 1930's era Singer. I have learned a lot and been encouraged by the posts here. Although I added some stuff myself for t...

December 02, 2:06pm

Re: JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
Thanks John. Nice call on the Steve Martin reference, I didn't even realize it till now. Who can forget his 70's vinyl comedy albums? I liked the Tuolumne photos on your website. It loo...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
November 23, 4:28pm

JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
I finally got around to finishing a trip report from a JMT section hike last August. Thanks to everyone here on BPL for sharing your UL knowledge and experience. Going lightweight made this a fun a...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
November 21, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am