BPL Community Profile

Brian James (bjamesd) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Coast of BC
About Me Brian James has not added a biography yet.
CityVancouver
StateBC
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/3y5vou

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian James

Showing 181 - 190 of 515 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: " human physiology of sweating."
Thanks for the info, Roger. The "that's all flat wrong" guy seemed to be suggesting that the humidity next to our skin was not relevant to the amount of moisture lost to a sleep syst...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 19, 4:49pm

Reliable, instant, matchless fire
Brian's off to the hardware store! fire without matches Questions: how much steel wool is required? How does it work in the the wet? Could an integrated lighting system be "wired&q...

In GEAR » Reliable, instant, matchless fire
September 19, 12:53pm

Re: MEC Merlin -10 C Bag
I've never used it, but I've seen it in-store. Keep in mind that it lacks a draft collar, so the only seal between the inside and the night air is around your face. Why they did this I ca...

In GEAR » MEC Merlin -10 C Bag
September 19, 12:31pm

"That's all flat wrong. Please review human physiology of sweating."
Umm I don't really have a response. I thought I'd read most of that on BPL. It seems counterintuitive to me, though, that moisture wouldn't evaporate from my skin. After all, any...

September 19, 12:17pm

Re: What's the benefit of synthetic?
> "New synthetic insulations, escecially Climashield, are the lightweighter's dream" (posted on another thread) and seeing that BMW's entire Cocoon line is synthetic. >Th...

September 19, 11:17am

Re: Aqua Mira
Really? I rarely treat water so it takes me more than a year to go through a set of the small bottles. Are you giving this suggestion based on knowledge or are you just cautious?

In GEAR » Opened Aqua Mira
September 18, 4:48pm

camping with bears in Russia
Doesn't look like they were bear bagging. Alternate title: Russian man's recently-purchased underwear rendered no longer serviceable. How big are that guy's cojones that he turned...

In On the Web » camping with bears in Russia
September 18, 4:45pm

Re: blowing up a SP700 (not quite)
I think that any stove would heat a pot like that... but for reference, it was a Trangia gas burner installed in a modified Clikstand. I was testing it as an "inverted canister" stove th...

In GEAR » MSR or Snow Peak Pots?
September 18, 2:01pm

shave your pits
Ditto Benjamin. The only time I need deodorant is if I start using it. That is to say that if I start putting on deodorant regularly, I start to stink when I'm not wearing it. (I am 6'...

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 18, 1:27pm

titanium burn test
Heh I did that once with my Snow Peak 700 mug -- just not on purpose. I stuffed the mug full of snow and set it on the burner, intending to push the snow down. I got busy with something else fo...

In GEAR » MSR or Snow Peak Pots?
September 18, 1:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian James

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This stove has all the darling features that make alcohol such a desirable backpacking fuel, and it fixes the glaring flaws. With this system on the market, Alcohol stoves are officially no longer a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
June 12, 2:52pm