BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 181 - 190 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...180

Forum » Thread

Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
Roger, I expect I would buy the book or maybe a DVD.

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 30, 5:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
For the time Roger spent I would pay to watch / read about how he makes one of his tents. Hey wait, I am paying, but no tent. Roger has a really great tent design but I think I would need to ...

September 30, 3:23pm

Re: Re: Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
Hi, I never claimed to design the Ti trowel I made. I said I tried to buy one of the Montbell Trowels and they were out of stock. I had a scrap piece of Titanium left over from some other proj...

September 30, 1:12pm

Re: Cut the tongue out...
Here is a link to what I did to a pair of Trail Runners back in 2006: Trail Runners Make-Overl

In GEAR » Cut the tongue out...
September 30, 7:26am

Re: Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
This reminds me of Bill Gates trying to re-invent the Apple Operating System and calling it "Windows". Yes, that is a negative comment.

September 29, 10:30pm

Re: Spare silk
Hi Derek, What weight silk are you looking for? Does color matter? What are you going to use it for? You can put this in a PM to me if you don't want everyone to know. Bill

In Gear Swap » Spare silk
September 29, 8:16am

Cuben/Amigo, H2O Water Filter Modification-Bag/Replacement
Thanks Aaron for the mention. This is the link to the thread located here. It shows what I did for my "Gravity" system. Cuben / Amigo Replacement and more

In GEAR » MYOG Cuben + Sawyer Gravity system
September 26, 10:48pm

Re: New Quilt and a couple of questions . . .
Dave, Call Paul at thru-hiker.com. Thru-hiker may sell more Combat and XP than any one else. For the mid-20's my guess is he will tell you to go with his 5 ounce per square yard XP. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Quilt and a couple of questions . . .
September 21, 11:57am

Re: 150 calories per ounce/28 oz per day
Hi, If you goal is the most calories per ounce look at Dry - Ensure. A 1/2 cup of Dry Ensure is 250 calories and weighs 2.23 ounces. I add a coffee scoop of Powder Carnation Breakfast Drink ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 150 calories per ounce/28 oz per day
August 29, 6:35pm

Re: Sewing Foam
Hi, If it was my sewing machine I would set the tension to the highest number and try it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Foam
August 26, 4:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am