BPL Community Profile

ben wood (benwood) - BPL Guest

My Locale flatlands of MO
About Me i am 30, a husband and father of 2 girls. i am currently a stay at home dad. i have been backpacking for about a year as of this writing. if you want to anything more, just let me know.
CityLexington
StateMO
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGila NF may 2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ben wood

Showing 181 - 190 of 595 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Open minded vs. Conviction
"Depends what the issue is. Freezerbag cooking vs. in the pot? Yeah, I can be very open minded and polite on that one. Religious and racial persecution? Sorry, my open mindedness and to...

In Chaff » Open minded
September 23, 8:14am

Re: If yr gear aint trashed ...
nice craig, haha

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If yr gear aint trashed ...
September 09, 8:35am

Re: Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
"Since I don't use hiking poles and I wanted simple setup that's what led me to the TT Moment. I think that is hands down the best option for me as far as price, simplicity/speed of se...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
September 07, 11:11am

Re: FS: GRANITE GEAR VIRGA PACK, LONG TORSO
Will, FYI these are on sale right now a granite gear for $65 http://www.granitegearstore.com/Virga-Long-Torso--P215.aspx

In Gear Swap » FS: GRANITE GEAR VIRGA PACK, LONG TORSO
September 06, 11:43am

Re: If yr gear aint trashed ...
Eric, are you drunk at the keyboard? seriously?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If yr gear aint trashed ...
September 06, 8:33am

Re: FS: MLD super prophet in red, size M
bump-arooski

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD super prophet in red, size M
August 31, 8:06pm

bump - and $170

August 27, 9:38pm

Re: FS: 2011 Rivendell Mountain Works Mariposa
Just curious as to why you are selling this. I thought you were pretty stoked about it.

In Gear Swap » FS: 2011 Rivendell Mountain Works Mariposa
August 26, 2:40pm

bump and price drop all the way down to $179.99!!

August 26, 7:21am

FS: MLD super prophet in red, size M
***SOLD to couch*** Up for sale is one custom Super Prophet in red. Ron had some red dyneema x shortly after introducing the newt and agreed to make a prophet. The hipbelt and shoulder strap...

August 23, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by ben wood

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Super Prophet
well, i purchased this pack used from another BPL member. It looked brand new. upon first receiving it i was amazed at the craftsmanship and quality involved in construction. this is my first pack fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 20, 1:05pm

patagonia down sweater
i bought this sweater %50 off on sale for $100 and have been very happy with it. pros: very comfy and warm, somewhat water resistant outer shell, pretty light, price cons: sewn through construction...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
June 15, 11:28am

Granite Gear company
i have purched one pack and a few stuff sacks from Granite gear. i have been extremely happy with their products. good customer service as well. you can read my review of that in another thread. the s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:26pm

Granite Gear Customer Service (???)
i read other had bad customer service. well i purchased a nimbus latitude and it came with a womens hipbelt that didn't fit. i was leaving for a trip in a week. what was i to do? well i called gr...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:21pm

REI Sub-Kilo 20 degree
i got mine on sale for like $160. it has kept me warm at 10-15 deg. it is a slender fit, which i prefer as i am only 5'9". on the scale it is about 1lb.14oz. and well worth the money spent. t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 10:45am

trangia mini
great stove, comes with cookset which includes a stove with simmer ring, potstand/windscreen, pot, frypan/lid, and pot gripper. the whole thing weighs in at 11oz. and is quite tough. i have used in 1...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 10:41am