BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 181 - 190 of 9566 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...957

Forum » Thread

Re: Cuben Pirates
Cuben pirates, ahoy!!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 19, 7:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Humor
Thank you too, Daryl!!

In Chaff » Humor
March 19, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Acessing water bottles
"Ben, you have to backpack more than two days consecutively to appreciate a Mchale." My week-long, three-season trips are about 25 lbs total pack weight -- and fit nicely as a carry on...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 4:26pm

Re: Re: cuben
Wow, I see an awful lot of tarps and backpacks out of those two pieces of sail!!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 19, 3:25pm

Re: Re: Acessing water bottles
"Just a note on accessing water bottles - I too have found it difficult not to reach them but to put them back. Except on my Mchale pack because you can angle the holsters and lower (or raise)...

March 19, 3:16pm

Re: Pricing
Aaron, I've found that people are usually willing to pay for quality UL products at 80% value or thereabouts -- if the items are in essentially new condition. It's significant savings ...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
March 19, 2:49pm

Re: Re: "Hydration bladders... out of fashion?"
"The only problem is having an opening that the Steripen can fit into. Soda bottles, Platypus/Evernew/Sawyer bags don't have a big enough opening." You are right about the UV bounc...

March 19, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Humor
Great. Now my post above is completely nonsensical. Thanks, Travis!

In Chaff » Humor
March 19, 1:26pm

Re: Re: REI Dividend
No, pay everything on time, and you won't be charged any interest or fees.

In GEAR » REI Dividend Coming
March 19, 1:24pm

Re: Humor
Great name, there!! Ben2World... And Back Again. As most travelers will tell you... "any trip that you come back alive and in one piece is a winner". Pity isn't it that (T-Funk) ...

In Chaff » Humor
March 19, 11:23am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am