Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 181 - 190 of 720 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...72

Forum » Thread

WTB: Zebralight Headlamp
What'cha got?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Zebralight Headlamp
January 07, 11:58am

Winter Pants
I really like fleece-lined soft shell pants. I recently got a pair of "Yumalino" pants on clearance at Mountain Hardwear. I think they were $55 shipped. They are not "too" he...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking pants?
January 06, 8:59pm

Thanks Very Much
For all the replies and insight. Christopher, Jon and Dan your suggestions and experience were very helpful. It seems there are some better options out there, and I think I will be purchasing a M...

In GEAR » 2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
January 06, 1:29pm

MSR is the deal, and around $6 at REI
I bought the MSR blacklite fry pan (I think it's 8" and about 6 oz. at REI on closeout last year for $6. Great buy and immediately caught and cooked sierra trout in it. Can't recomm...

In GEAR » Fry Pan?
January 06, 1:08pm

PM sent
I'll take it. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell Mens Medium
January 05, 12:08pm

2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
Disclaimer: Yeah yeah forum police, use the search function, yada, yada, yada ... well don't reply if you are sure it's already been said on here and I should look elsewhere. Anyway, ...

In GEAR » 2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
January 04, 6:24pm

Houdini vs. Alpine Houdini
These look totally different. On the patty site, they have the Alpine Houdini at 6.6 oz. and $200, the traditional Houdini is still listed at $99 and 4.0 oz. Seems like a confusing naming convent...

In GEAR » Alpine Houdini
January 03, 2:34pm

Tasco Monocular
My family had several of these for day hikes, the zoo, etc. I think there was a higher end model like Bushnell or Bausch & Lomb. That said, there is a knock-off of the Tasco Dale put up above...

In GEAR » UL binoculars
January 03, 1:40pm

Tarp or Mid Shelter Maybe?
Why not find a used mid or a large flat tarp to fit the both of you? If she's a heavy sleeper, she won't mind. Not to mention, for winter, I'd think the Mid-style shelter would do bet...

In GEAR » 1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?
January 02, 4:18pm

Skyscape X Spreader Bar Sleeve
Great looking and creative solution. I had a Skyscape Trekker, and I found that it was easiest to always leave the bar in. It rolled up and packed the same and made for slightly faster set up and...

In GEAR » Skyskape X cross bar sleeve
January 02, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.