BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 181 - 190 of 288 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Big Sky
"Do a search on Big Sky or BS and you will dig up mass graves of hoodwinked buyers who paid after being told "4-6 weeks" delivery -- and then waiting for a whole friggin' year or...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 05, 8:08am

Re: NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
I found the possibilities for this battery type interesting, so I purchased a set of 4 AA batteries and a charger from Ritz Camera. Out of the box, 3 of the 4 batteries were defective, according t...

In GEAR » NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
January 30, 7:44am

Re: Re: Fabric for winter shell pants?
"Interesting, and not quite what I was expecting. What would be a good soft shell material for wet snow? I should say that I am in the Cascades, so 35 with heavy wet snow is pretty common....

In GEAR » Fabric for winter shell pants?
January 27, 7:03am

Re: Fabric for winter shell pants?
The first decision is whether you want soft shell or hard shell pants. Assuming winter conditions, where it's below freezing, I find a soft shell is the best compromise. It breathes well, sti...

In GEAR » Fabric for winter shell pants?
January 26, 8:54pm

Re: Fabrics
"PLEASE! someone make a convincing argument for the best 3-season New England tent for me!" I'd actually suggest a hammock. Given the plethora of rocks and roots in New England, a...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 26, 8:47pm

Re: Serenity Shelter with the Cuben Grace Tarp.
I'd trust Ron's recommendation from the web site. More length means more protection from slanting rain. What about a Cuben Grace Tarp - size Duo? That's 8.4 X 7.4 X 9 feet, and 7.3...

In GEAR » 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
January 25, 3:34pm

Re: 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
How about this as an option: - Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo Spinntex EXP Tarp: 7.5oz - Mountain Laurel Designs Serenity Shelter: 8.0oz - Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy: 7.5oz You c...

In GEAR » 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
January 24, 8:05pm

Re: Powermax Canisters For Coleman "X" Stoves
"You can also buy them on eBay, but they're quite expensive. I've also seen them on other internet sites, but again a bit pricey." I've seen them on various Internet sites,...

In GEAR » Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
January 23, 6:46pm

Re: New shelter
"Misting is not the same as condensation falling from the inside of a silnylon wall. Fact: Most silnylon has a hydrostatic head of only 1000 to 1200mm. Under hard rain pressure the fabric will...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 23, 8:18am

Re: Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
I've been able to find the cartridges locally at REI, and I believe that Coleman is committed to continue making the cartridges at least for the foreseeable future. And, as a last resort, Cole...

In GEAR » Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
January 23, 8:12am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm