Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 181 - 190 of 444 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: recipes
Indeed! Lots of good recipes and suggestions. I went on a mission last night to find quinoa. I hit 5 stores, including the international market across town. I'll try a few more over the weekend...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Quinoa questions
August 08, 4:15am

Re: Bushbuddy + BPL firelite sul 900
I recall reading that it will nest inside, but it's too short to put the top on. I have a SnowPeak 900 and a SUL 1100, which both work great with the bush buddy. I do not have a SUL 900 to conf...

In GEAR » Which SP trek 900 fits the bushbuddy best?
August 08, 4:04am

Re: Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
Franco, You missed a big one. Removing the mirror will also remove the vibration caused by "mirror slap". It's worse on some than others. Removing this source of vibration will impr...

In Photography » Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
August 07, 4:13am

Re: toasted quinoa and avocado salad
Laurie, How do you recommend toasting quinoa? Just spread it on a baking sheet and toss it in the oven for a few minutes? This all looks like good stuff. I look forward to trying out some of thes...

August 07, 3:53am

Re: BA Pad
SOLD.

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Clear Out - Part I
August 07, 3:43am

Re Boring
[Edited for the sake of others]

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
August 06, 7:28pm

Re: Quinoa questions
Jane, you're a step ahead of me. I also learned about quinoa on here. Folks working at Kroger and Publix have no clue what it is. That photo of the avocado/quinoa salad motivated me to make it...

August 06, 7:05pm

Re: FS: Closet Clear Out - Part I
Yes it is. Somehow I managed to leave that out of the description. Primaloft marks are on both the bag and pad, along with the words "Insulated Air Core".

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Clear Out - Part I
August 06, 6:57pm

Re: what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
"Hum ... wait until you taste your tea in the Decor container after it has had onion soup in it ... Sigh!" Roger, You haven't lived until you've noticed a hint of tomato and ...

In GEAR » what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
August 06, 6:25pm

Re: Back on topic :-)
Mountain House 2 serving bags are usually 2 cups (~500ml). Backpackers Pantry has some that are 2.5 cups. For these, I've just tossed a half cup of whatever is in the bottle, then add 2 cups bo...

In GEAR » what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
August 06, 6:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.