BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 181 - 190 of 1171 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...118

Forum » Thread

6 DAYS AND 200 MILES ON THE JOHN MUIR TRAIL
I have been on most sections of the JMT numerous times but have only been from Woods Creek to Edison once and never been from Edison to Reds Mdw. Having always enjoyed fast and long hours, I kne...

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 DAYS AND 200 MILES ON THE JOHN MUIR TRAIL
September 15, 12:49pm

Re: JMT in 5 days 2 hours
Andrew, This is crazy to read as when I went to break the unsupported record in 2009 I was in the exact same spots at the exact same times. By the end of day 2 I had black bruises under the fron...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in 5 days 2 hours
September 03, 11:35pm

Re: I was thinking of injured Aaron
Sounds good but it's a 2100 ci pack. If it were 1500-1800 then it would meet my first 3 as it has a slip for a pad to make it a semi-ridged pack. It's even a little better than that as ...

In GEAR » a good fastpack?
September 03, 9:23pm

Re: Re: Adventure Vest
For me to make my perfect fastpack that I would want, I would have to. Find a way to lengthen my old Salomon adventure racing pack (Raid Race 200) and strip the side bottles off my Salomon and p...

September 03, 7:52pm

Re: Adventure Vest
Peter, That's an easy one, for me anyways. 1. Light yet rigid enough so it doesn't sag (like most packs do without any type of frame). 2. Enough and comfortable padding able to car...

September 03, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alky/esbit on the JMT
"No smoking and no building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or cooking fire (including charcoal fires) within Yosemite Wilderness or at the High Sierra Camps. Portable s...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
September 03, 10:31am

Re: fastpack
I know Brett pretty well and chat with him regularly. He was actually 1 1/2 hours ahead of Hal and Mike from Muir Pass To Reds Meadow. He was probably even with them at Reds, but they stopped. ...

September 02, 7:43pm

Re: Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
Keil, Your problem is that you haven't done anything else crazy enough yet. Go with someone on a crazy (considered dangerous) hike. Something like Whitney in a day. Go bungee jumping, d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 01, 9:15pm

Re: esbit
Thanks

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
September 01, 5:06pm

Re: Volume
You can do multi days in a 1500 ci pack. I've done the JMT with a 1200 ci pack but 1500-1800 works much better. That weight in a small pack felt like a brick. The question is, do you want ...

September 01, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm