Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 181 - 190 of 1368 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...137

Forum » Thread

Re: Hwy 120 Is Open
This hot weekend boiled everything away. I'm still waiting for the road up to Horseshoe Meadow to open (may have already?).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hwy 120 Is Open
May 04, 1:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
I have the Eco shirt and pant. They are 30 UPF and breath excellent. Water absorbs on the material but dries very fast.

In GEAR » Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
May 04, 10:03am

Re: Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!

In Gear Lists » Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
May 03, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
Your 1st aid kit is so over the top for a SUL kit. You have 3 different types of padded gauze items. You have steri strip and band-aids, so 2 types of sticking items. 5 of those green things...

In Gear Lists » Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
May 02, 3:36pm

Re: Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
hey Mitchell Here is what I found. A .8-ounce knife is heavy. If you must have a knife, why not a razor knife? Or none??? Why 2 fire starting methods? Chap stick could be in a bette...

May 02, 12:10pm

Re: Alternatives to Lawson Outdoor InsuLite XL pad?
The Lawson Outdoor InsuLite XL pads are awesome. 24" wide and much strong (tear resistant) than GG pads.

In GEAR » Alternatives to Lawson Outdoor InsuLite XL pad?
May 02, 11:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
No one has mention Rail Riders yet. Expensive, but exactly what you’re looking for.

In GEAR » Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
May 02, 11:07am

Re: Synth as second layer
I would go for 3, 2 quilts and a bag. Get a 20* bag for her and 2- 40* quilts. Have both quilts fit you (unless she's taller) and 1 be wide enough for her to use as a bag with a full leng...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag vs Bags - and temps for a multi-bag system in SouthEast US?
May 01, 5:20pm

Re: Re: Re: dropping wt
15-20#, now that's funny. This was posted on the SUL Thread. Ounces count!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
April 28, 9:02pm

Re: dropping wt
Gotta love everyone’s cynicism about this. We need to re-do the question as "Creative way you dropped 1oz off your base weight"? I mean with a 4.5 pound base, taking 1 ounce off =...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
April 27, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm