Sept - AT Rt40 - Raven Rock overnighter - 28 miles

2013 trips:

Aug - Dolly Sods - weekender with friend - 12 miles
Dec - AT - overnighter from Rt 30 to Birch Run - 17 miles
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.hopto.org
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 181 - 190 of 426 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...43

Forum » Thread

tarp, tent, bivy, now hammock?
i love this forum - great discussion and then in comes hammock the curve ball just to keep things interesting. :) to sum it all up, personal preference, bugs, level of comfort, bugs and weather...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
March 12, 5:54am

Re: Re: McHale dyed cuben packs.
"What are the side loops on the top lid used for?" the top lid turns into a fanny pack.

In GEAR » McHale dyed cuben packs.
March 12, 5:30am

Copper Spur UL1
i have the Copper Spur UL1 and have never used a footprint with it. i layout the tent and then use my hand to feel the ground for any pointy sticks or sharp objects that might cause me grief.

In GEAR » Copper Spur Durability
March 12, 5:28am

spoke to my wife
my wife the teacher said "how big is the bottle?" she said the question was too vague and therefore could be correct with either answer. she would give your son extra points if he could...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight is hurting my son's grades
March 09, 7:31pm

references...
my wife is a teacher and i have tried to explain to her that her references are not universal and what seems an obvious answer to her can be misleading or completely incorrect. even with us app...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight is hurting my son's grades
March 09, 1:28pm

Re: When did it all begin? Props to Ray as well . . .
"I'm going out this weekend with an FSO weight (From Skin Out: everything worn and carried including food and water) of just under 20 pounds. For the expected weather (mid to upper 20'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long have you been a lightweight backpacker?
March 09, 1:12pm

always?
i have always tried to reduce my pack weight. in Boy Scouts i would secretly put stuff in other kid's packs so i wouldn't have to carry it. on one trip, we had to backpack 20 miles and th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long have you been a lightweight backpacker?
March 09, 1:10pm

very bad thread
this is going to make me want another McHale pack. was on his site, man those new packs look sweet.

In GEAR » McHale dyed cuben packs.
March 09, 1:03pm

rain hat
my shell has a hood.

In GEAR » 1 oz hat?
March 09, 7:23am

warm or sun?
my BPL Headsweats ball cap is 1.80 ounces and dries super fast. the BPL screen printing actually uses antigravity ink, so it saves 0.2 ounces :) my Headsweats beanie is 1.35 ounces.

In GEAR » 1 oz hat?
March 09, 6:51am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm