BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 181 - 190 of 1189 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: not offense...just don't get it
the most boring type of running is a setting that is purely about running, crowded in with 20,000 others. the Sierra trails offer some of the best running in the world. give it a try ... you'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 05, 10:40pm

Re: Or why...
yes I get it. you guys are slow poke snobs :-( have you ever tried to test yourself at anything or have you spent your entire life simply smelling roses ?

August 05, 10:11pm

New JMT Speed Record
Hal Koerner and Mike Wolfe 3 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes (Whitney Portal to Happy Isles) I'm assuming this is the supported record since they are elite ultra runners, but not absolutely c...

August 05, 5:29pm

Re: Re: Help: Tarp Above Treeline
funny I once chased my free standing tent a quarter mile across the open landscape up at altitude because I got sloppy and didn't hold it tightly while removing the stakes (yes of course we ha...

In GEAR » Help: Tarp Above Treeline
August 05, 8:56am

Re: Help: Tarp Above Treeline
what's so amazing is the lengths people will go to fit a square peg into a round hole. rocky terraine above treeline with wind and storms possible ... free standing fully enclosed shelter...

In GEAR » Help: Tarp Above Treeline
August 05, 8:29am

Re: Re: rocky stuff
Mike Brooks Cascadias work really well on rocky rugged terraine. a bit clunky if you're a front of the pack guy, but less clunky than Hokas in my opinion. I use them for all my 20 & 30 mi...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
August 04, 10:59am

Re: Schedule / Mileage
is the map link the loop you plan to hike ? its about a 20 mile loop. the entire loop is part of the San Diego 100 course which I've done a few times, so I train on these trails, can give you...

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
August 04, 10:34am

Re: JMT Fastpack - Dennis Ahern
great video. shooting that must have cost him at least 4 hours on the trip.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Fastpack - Dennis Ahern
August 04, 9:44am

Re: San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
I run on the PCT thru Long Canyon. I also run Noble Canyon and Pine Mt area. I really enjoy running in these places, but I never considered them destination camping spots, although people do camp...

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
August 03, 5:13pm

Re: What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
of course it never rains or storms in the Sierra (my recent horrific July storm experience not withstanding). but your plan to combine just a bivy as shelter and then no rain gear is a bit braze...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 01, 8:18am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.