BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 181 - 190 of 1192 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...120

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: New JMT Speed Record
Mark Millanos - your saying your inital comment was "obviously not a negative comment" is ........ well, simply a silly veiled attempt at retraction. you could have said "well done ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 06, 10:05pm

Re: New JMT Speed Record
This site is NOT about back packing. The title is backpackinglight. In that title I see an implied secondary purpose of going either fast or far or both. No you don't have to, you can go s...

August 06, 7:47am

Re: Re: Wow
Hal and Mike are among the 10 best 100 mile ultra runners in the U.S.

August 05, 10:45pm

Re: not offense...just don't get it
the most boring type of running is a setting that is purely about running, crowded in with 20,000 others. the Sierra trails offer some of the best running in the world. give it a try ... you'...

August 05, 10:40pm

Re: Or why...
yes I get it. you guys are slow poke snobs :-( have you ever tried to test yourself at anything or have you spent your entire life simply smelling roses ?

August 05, 10:11pm

New JMT Speed Record
Hal Koerner and Mike Wolfe 3 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes (Whitney Portal to Happy Isles) I'm assuming this is the supported record since they are elite ultra runners, but not absolutely c...

August 05, 5:29pm

Re: Re: Help: Tarp Above Treeline
funny I once chased my free standing tent a quarter mile across the open landscape up at altitude because I got sloppy and didn't hold it tightly while removing the stakes (yes of course we ha...

In GEAR » Help: Tarp Above Treeline
August 05, 8:56am

Re: Help: Tarp Above Treeline
what's so amazing is the lengths people will go to fit a square peg into a round hole. rocky terraine above treeline with wind and storms possible ... free standing fully enclosed shelter...

In GEAR » Help: Tarp Above Treeline
August 05, 8:29am

Re: Re: rocky stuff
Mike Brooks Cascadias work really well on rocky rugged terraine. a bit clunky if you're a front of the pack guy, but less clunky than Hokas in my opinion. I use them for all my 20 & 30 mi...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
August 04, 10:59am

Re: Schedule / Mileage
is the map link the loop you plan to hike ? its about a 20 mile loop. the entire loop is part of the San Diego 100 course which I've done a few times, so I train on these trails, can give you...

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
August 04, 10:34am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.