Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 181 - 190 of 1005 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...101

Forum » Thread

Los Padres. (Fathers and Children)
Love the post. I especially liked your comment on the ridiculous conversation of teen kids. I have spent many hours in those conversations. I will never forget the 42 synonyms for "poop&quo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres. (Fathers and Children)
November 11, 11:50am

Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
Its the new generation of material that got me interested. The first generation was apparently not very breathable(PU coating?). The new coating is eVent inside and out. The fabric manufacturer ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 11, 9:12am

This jacket looks like a winner on almost every front to me. It looks like the lightest option. It may be the most breathable option. And it sounds fairly durable and functional. I wear a rain ...

November 11, 8:22am

I know it costs $250, but this jacket looks very good otherwise. Five ounces and reportedly 40,000 g/m2/24hrs breathability. Its apparently cuben sandwiched between 2 event layers, so I'm ass...

November 08, 3:11pm

Baking bag criticisms
These bags deserve a little love. I think they are more durable than the trash bags or compactor bags people typically use as liners. Its hard to see how these have a bigger environmental impac...

In GEAR » The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
November 07, 4:00pm

The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
I've used them quite a bit, not for pack organization so much as to keep my sleeping bag and clothing dry. I sometimes take 2 so I can wrap my sleeping bag in the bottom of my pack and keep a ...

In GEAR » The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
November 07, 3:26pm

Down and wet weather
I will say I think its easier to keep down dry in the western US(most of it anyway) than in the east. I don't know where you live. But if you live in the relatively dry west, the wet weather ...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
November 07, 1:46pm

Down and wet weather
Bobb, with a little experience, I think you can keep your down dry. You do need to make sure you are doing what you need to to keep it dry, but it is a very good option. I backpack mostly in the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
November 07, 1:25pm

MEC
Not sure, Brett. I did the group buy a bit back.

In GEAR » lesser midlayer?
November 07, 12:43pm

lesser midlayer?
If you can get your hands on a MEC T2, I think it fits the requirements very well. I understand its the cap 4 fabric in a slightly lighter version. Mine seems to perform well. I paid $25 for a h...

In GEAR » lesser midlayer?
November 07, 10:43am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.