BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 181 - 190 of 360 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...36

Forum » Thread

Pitching the Hexamid Long
I have the Hexamid Long and the Twin. I used to have the Solo+. To be honest, they're all pretty much the same in terms of how easy they are to set up. If anything, the Twin is a little more di...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 03, 4:03am

Re: Re: Foster can for use with StarLyte burners
Izeloz, in my experience the flat bottom cans aren't convenient for use with the Caldera Cone as the bottom is too wide to fit through the top opening in the cone easily. You can work around it...

In Gear Deals » Foster can for use with StarLyte burners
April 30, 12:56am

Hexanet
From Zpack's FAQ: "Can you make a separate bug shelter for the Hexamid tarps? We used to make a separate bug shelter called the HexaNet. It required more stakes and did not pitch as well...

In GEAR » Hexamid Solo, Hexamid Solo Plus or SMD Skyscape-X
April 25, 4:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Starlyte questions
James, maybe I'm not understanding this right: "Water picks up heat at ~100cal/gram. Water->steam takes ~500cal/gram. Actually a phase change water->steam consumes MORE heat than s...

In GEAR » Trail Designs stove replacement?
April 23, 5:21am

Re: Where has Cascade Designs Gone?
Website works for me. It gives the contact phone number as 1-206-505-9500.

In GEAR » Where has Cascade Designs Gone?
April 22, 10:59am

Re: Quilt
I'm pretty sure that Joe will accept a return. From Zpack's website: "Do you accept returns on custom built backpacks and other items? Yes. You can return any item in new or lightly u...

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt first impressions
April 20, 11:54pm

Re: Re: ZPacks Hexamid Pocket Tarp
I think the .34 cuben is the same mylar thickness as the .51 and .74oz but with less dyneema thread. It should then be just as waterproof but have less tear strength.

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Pocket Tarp
April 18, 1:24pm

Re: Evernew water bladders available again
I see that they're also available at ultralightdesigns.

In GEAR » Evernew water bladders available again
April 18, 11:14am

Re: Delay in work
I don't know about in Israel, but here in Turkey hydrochloric acid is widely available for descaling (removing limescale from) kettles etc. The name translates into English as "spirits of ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
April 18, 11:12am

Re: Sewn in groundsheet
As I said before, we've used a homemade footprint below the netting of the Hexamid. We do this when the ground is muddy or recently grazed by sheep and goats (don't want that mess getting i...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 18, 12:41am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.