BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 181 - 190 of 1061 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...107

Forum » Thread

Re: Zebralight burn times?
Glenn, I've had good luck with ZL's run time estimates, but I use Energizer Ultimates instead of Eneloops. For me, it's very noticeable when the light hits the downhill and starts dy...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What headlamp do you use?
April 23, 11:12am

Re: Smokies
+2 to Ben's recommendation. That really is the best loop in the Smokies in my opinion. We stayed at Cosby Knob shelter on night 1, then down to the Balsam Mtn trail, and over to Laurel Gap Shel...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The Great Smoky Mountains: Need some route ideas
April 22, 7:45pm

Re: Individual buying decsions
Thanks for doing this Richard. These tests really help us make informed decisions. Ryan

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Squamish
April 19, 6:29am

Re: Y'all listen up, now.
"Checkmate" -- Out of all of them, that one made me laugh the most for some reason. lol The South will rise again! Ryan

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 3:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail
No. Thank goodness! Ryan

In Chaff » Bundy......A True American Hero?
April 18, 11:11am

Re: re: ...but "y'all" is singular. And plural.
Gary has it. Ya'll is rarely singular, in fact, I can't think of when it is used in a singular form off the top of my head. I could list 100 other similar "southernisms". Ry...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 11:00am

Re: Re: Jennifer as a Speaker and a Person
What was her new focus for the future? I am assuming no more record attempts. Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Speed Hiker Jennifer Pharr Davis sets Record on Appalachian Trail
April 18, 10:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail
"Probably about as many on a per capita basis as you do in that dark land east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason Dixon Line. ;0)" I will grant you that, but you guys definitely...

April 17, 4:45pm

Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail
So the guy is a whacko who doesn't recognize the Federal govt, only the state of Nevada? I get it. Wait a minute - He paid his leasing fees to the Federal govt once upon a time so obviously he ...

April 17, 11:30am

Re: life
"Its far too easy to get carried away with the ease that debt is granted on whims. People dont realize its a trap, until their desires change, but the debt is still there. Freedom, is lack of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How I Make a Living as an Adventurer
April 16, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm