BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 181 - 190 of 993 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...100

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: finished quilt ?
Good looking quilt Rick. Let us know how it works in the field for you. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished quilt!
February 23, 11:29am

Re: Re: Test number
The Tachyon breathes better than many windshirts on the market right now, but still low compared to the gold standard of about 35cfm. Good all around wind shirt though. I own one and use it on trip...

In GEAR » Any point in getting a new wind shirt?
February 22, 1:19pm

Re: Re: Body Glide Liquified Powder
Here are a few moisture barrier creams I researched a while back. They all have 5% dimethicone which seems to be the going rate for everything except Hydropel which had 6x that amount. The other in...

In GEAR » Is there a consensus on a good hydropel replacement?
February 22, 7:16am

Re: Any point in getting a new wind shirt?
I am not as thrilled with the hood as previous posters, but it's a good windshirt for 2oz's. Definitely breaks the wind. It doesn't breathe very well like you mentioned so if that's...

In GEAR » Any point in getting a new wind shirt?
February 22, 7:07am

Re: MH Plasmic
I think you are right. The Plasmic is made with DryQ Evap, not DryQ Elite so I don't think it's the rebranded eVent. Ryan

In GEAR » eVent jackets (again)
February 19, 6:57pm

Re: Notch vs Lunar solo
The weight, space, and small packable size of the Duo will be an improvement over the Notch. AT weather is generally very tame so storm worthyness isn't much of a consideration. Dealing with s...

In GEAR » Notch vs Lunar Duo
February 19, 11:39am

Re: Packs
I found the small Zero with roll top to hold plenty for my 3-season gear, and even in winter up to about (4) days or so. I go with about a 5-6 lb base weight for reference. A bit more in winter of...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 18, 11:06am

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
I will echo some others sentiments. I found quilts too fiddly, too drafty below about 40F, and just an overall hassle for my shifty sleep style. With that said, I still use an 11oz one above 40F p...

In GEAR » Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
February 17, 10:52am

Re: Re: tested
Good news! 31 CFM is a good number and the HH is even higher than the old Houdini. Looks like a winner even if a bit heavier than I would prefer. Not overly expensive either. Ryan

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 17, 10:40am

Re: Re:
"How do you deal with disappointment? I want to be there when Jen meets Doug." LOL. Well played, Ken. Enjoyed that. How I handle disappointment - For the most part I try to keep thi...

In Chaff » How do you deal with disappointment?
February 13, 12:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm