BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 181 - 190 of 1421 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
Michael, Thanks for posting up and letting us know that something is coming down the line. If you find out more, please post back and share the news. I am excited simply because I am consi...

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 06, 6:29pm

Stupid heavy
Going to REI in the Summer time to pay full price for outfitting a family of three with the all the gear needed to take a 1st backpacking trip. Dropping a couple of thousand on the best and lightes...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 3:58pm

2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks Special Announcement by Ron of Six Moons Designs of future products and collaboration with founder of ULA Equipment

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 16, 1:02am

2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks Special Announcement by Ron of Six Moons Designs of future products and collaboration with founder of ULA Equipment

In Post-Trip Reports » 2013 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 16, 1:02am

Re: silicone sealant
+1 on applying silicone sealant. If you mix in some white gas, it will thin the silicone sealant, which makes it easier to apply and is not so "heavy". If you move to a regular bivy...

In GEAR » Bivy help
February 12, 3:48pm

Re: GGG 5 burnoff results.
Ken, My suggestion is to have three fuel catagories: 1. Wood 2. Alcohol 3. Esbit or any other solid fuel....like tea candles Also, I would make this a non "powered" event...

In GEAR » GGG 5 burnoff results and other info?
February 04, 5:08pm

Re: Tony's Photos
Rowan, Thanks for pointing that out....I confirmed it with Ken. I made a big mistake that I need to clean up in the photos and captions. I looked back at the photos that I posted and reali...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 31, 11:36pm

Re: Thanks to All!
Rowan, You might want to PM Marc Eldridge. He had posted some photos of things that people may have left behind. See this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackingligh...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 28, 5:18pm

5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
BPLers Gathering of Gear Geeks: Henry Coe State Park January 25-27th, 2013 Corral Trail Head to Manzanita Point Group Campsites 2.7 Miles Approx. Manzanita Point Camptsite Elevation 2,270 Ft...

January 27, 10:58pm

Re: Michael - Sat campsite
Michael, Appreciate the generousity of your offer to Michael and his son. You just have to love BPL people....always the best people. Just an update for everyone who has expressed concern ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 25, 10:27am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm