BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 181 - 190 of 549 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...55

Forum » Thread

Big Agnes 3-wire bivy
I was hoping to order the old orange version of this bivy that has an all eVent top. Instead I ended up with the "new and improved" red/charcoal version. Most of the body is a red eVent f...

In GEAR » Big Agnes 3-wire bivy
July 20, 11:20pm

Re: Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
My Thermarest Guidelite 3/4 is about 7 years old. Over a hundred nights of sleeping and ocassional usage as a chair. Still going strong. I mainly use a foam pad now, but I still bring out the Therm...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
June 17, 12:02pm

Re: Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
I love how some guy left a comment telling the author that his weight categories are "incorrect." I can't believe people take this crap so seriously. It's backpacking, not boxing....

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 12:51am

Re: eVent boot linings?
yes

In GEAR » eVent boot linings?
June 12, 12:49am

Re: Re: gear list, JMT, solo, July
Loose the DEET. I've done a ton of trips in the Sierra and I never used it. I would have went insane without a headnet though. People think I'm crazy for not using DEET, but I always hear p...

In Gear Lists » gear list, JMT, solo, July
June 10, 1:24pm

Re: Proper Cold Weather Clothing
Not for me, but I end up sitting in camp a lot due to the short hiking days and loooong nights. Those temps at night means temps in the evening in the upper 20s and lower 30s. In that case, I wo...

In GEAR » Proper Cold Weather Clothing
June 09, 12:58pm

Re: Snowshoe recommendations
I've done extensive winter hiking along the GSMNP section of the AT, but I never used snowshoes. It's way too brushy and the snow is almost never deep enough to warrant them. I now live ...

In GEAR » Snowshoe recommendations
June 07, 12:59am

Re: balaclava
Look at my avatar. I am wearing both :) EDIT- And yes, you can wear it only as a hat. I carry both though.

In GEAR » hoodie ?'s
June 05, 3:46pm

Re: hoodie ?'s
I think they are heavier and less versatile than a non-hoodie + balaclava. I bought into the hype and picked up a super cheap Patagonia R1 hoodie. I like the R1 material and general design but I ha...

In GEAR » hoodie ?'s
June 05, 3:30pm

Re: Looking for advice... Grace Duo + MLD Serenity for Cascades summer?
I would think a single would be enough room, although I don't know how much gear you sleep with. I use a Grace Solo in the Cascades and it works fine. Although I carried it for probably 12 nigh...

In GEAR » Looking for advice... Grace Duo + MLD Serenity for Cascades summer?
June 05, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm