Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 181 - 190 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
Douglas, I have a GG torso pad the one w/ the convoluted bumps that I use on the ground already, and some 1/8th" foam for legs. I recognize the fact that if I use down as an insulator one s...

In Multiple Use Gear » Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
January 12, 2:13pm

Re: Primaloft Footwear - ...
Bill, Are you going to use any of that White foam i sent down in the bottoms for insoles of your booties?

In Make Your Own Gear » PrimaLoft®Footwear - What can we do with this?
January 12, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Breathable Hammock Underquilt?
Thanks for your reply David, I was considering just a basic half egg shape for under the hammock, wrapping halfway up the sides of my Clark hammock so as not to lose the access to the pockets. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Breathable Hammock Underquilt?
January 12, 1:48pm

Re: stainless steel expresso cup
Dwight just drill a few small holes just below the outer rim/lip of the cup. This will prevent any blowout from occurring with the cup.

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for small stainless steel or titanium containers
January 12, 1:36pm

Re: Brewing loose tea
I'll check that Gunpowder tea out when I shop on the weekend. Have'nt made tea in the Kettle yet, sounds good.

In GEAR » Fillable tea bags
January 12, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
Douglas, Eric, et al, Thanks for your input on the Reflectix insulation subject. I was trying to carry a dual use item by utilizing the pad under the hammock; and in the event I had to 'go to g...

In Multiple Use Gear » Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
January 12, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Fillable tea bags
Bags sold for 'soup garnis' are made out of cheesecloth type material, and would seem to allow more water circulation than the paper or tigher woven tea bag style sold. Can't help mysel...

In GEAR » Fillable tea bags
January 12, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Fuel Bottle
Victor, Folks can also find this type of bottle in dedicated cooking stores, in the cake section. I saw some while I was out yesterday, and thought they would work for storage of fuels. My only con...

In GEAR » Good Alcohol Carrier?
January 12, 12:02pm

Re: Home Water Filters
Thanks moderators! Now THAT'S fast work! Nothing like saving the bandwidth for worthy posts.

In GEAR » Water bottle filter
January 12, 11:38am

Re: Re: UL Guy Line?
Well, I've been pitching my tarps and rainflys with teflon coated braided nylon for years. 50 yds is UL in the 40lb test size, I don't own a scale but it's probably 1-2ozs. The catch...

In GEAR » UL Guy Line?
January 12, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.