BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 181 - 190 of 373 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...38

Forum » Thread

Water
I went here a few years back and called the USFS and they said that they usually turn it of around the last week of October, but it depends on temp, so unless they get a sudden hard freeze, should ...

In Gear Lists » Badlands gearlist, help wanted
September 20, 8:36am

Re: plain curiosity
Ozzy, RE: not moving on trail when it's wet: The Roosevelt NP region(which is what we are traversing on the Maah Daah Hey) consists of a lot of Bentonite clay. While Bentonite has many usef...

September 20, 8:29am

wind and water
Thanks Andrew, Yes we have it pretty dry here in MN as well. The drought doesn't affect the trail-water situation as much, as there are no good water sources even in a 'normal' year,...

September 19, 7:16pm

I don't like gear grams so much.
I just made my own MSWorks-database with my gear. It's highly organizational the way I want to organize it. I have fields for 'group packed' 'packed' and 'worn', that I ...

September 19, 7:05pm

looks great if you can find it!
Why don't they list it in their jacket listing?

In GEAR » Feathered Friends
September 19, 1:59pm

Badlands gearlist, help wanted
Hi, Here is my clothing and shelter list for an upcoming bikepacking trip on the Maah Daah Hey trail in the North Dakota badlands in mid October. Do you think I could save weight without givi...

September 19, 12:36pm

Pack covers
Many people on this thread have posted against pack covers. I personally don't use them either for the reason stated before: -You need to pull them out and put them on, a hassle and sometime...

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
September 19, 12:16pm

Re: re: Insulation
You said: "I thought the Cap 2 would work as a bit of insulation along with the Driclime." It certainly will, but at 19 oz, that's real heavy for insulation! and not that warm. ...

In Gear Lists » River to RIver trail list
September 19, 11:42am

Ken I am not you r boss ;-)
When I said no wallet car keys etc. You don't have to answer and explain! :-) I just meant, that perhaps you forgot to list them in your gearlist. If you take them along, they need to be ...

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
September 18, 12:51pm

Clothing
Windshirts have pro's and cons, as you noticed, there are many opinions about them to be found on BPL. The Dryclime is essentially a windshirt with a fixed baselayer. It think that for the c...

In Gear Lists » River to RIver trail list
September 18, 12:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am