BPL Community Profile

Ken K (TheFatBoy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale St. Louis
About Me Ken K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken K

Showing 181 - 190 of 424 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...43

Forum » Thread

My new Platy shower setup
Cascade Designs no longer makes the Platypus shower kit, and I couldn't find one in stock anywhere. I sent a note to the awesome folks at Cascade Designs asking if they still had any of the Pl...

In GEAR » Showerhead for Platypus?
June 15, 1:00pm

Why don't people just use the search function?
Hey folks, I wanted to thank the BPL community for not always throwing back that old "just do a search" answer. I see it a lot on some of the other forums I frequent, and frankly, it&...

In GEAR » Why don't people just use the search function?
June 15, 12:50pm

REI 12 ounce cup is 1.8 ounces
That REI/GSI 12 ounce cup weighs in at 50 grams (1.8 ounces).

In GEAR » Lightest 8 oz cup for coffee?
June 14, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightest 8 oz cup for coffee?
>> ETA - that 12 oz cup looks cool, but it says that it weighs 2.5 oz. Probably not worth it at that weight. I'm almost positive it's under an ounce and a half, but I don't hav...

June 14, 5:54pm

Re: Size does matter
REI sells a similar 12 ounce cup (REI house brand, but made by GSI) for $2. I think it weighs a hair over an ounce. I'll check when I get home. http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/product/784667...

June 14, 5:43pm

Durable?
If you don't need something durable, I don't think you're going to get much better than a styrofoam cup. For a couple grams more you can get a waxed paper cup from any quickee-mart.

June 14, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Bandana question
>>. 27" x 27" for $2.50 each and they fit my size 7 and 3/4 head with no trouble.;-) Thanks for the link! The Walmart bandana is 22" (shrunk to 21", but stretches to...

In GEAR » Bandana question
June 13, 9:45am

Re: Re: replies
>> One piece of advice....guys really get into stuff gung-ho. Women sometimes will be on the fence. You don't have to go scary UL at first. A few extra lbs of comfort won't kill you ...

In GEAR » My GF is UL....well, getting there.
June 12, 10:35pm

You's was serious about that?
When you mentioned movie night in the other thread, I thought you were just doing some yanking of chains and pulling of legs. Do you really have this set up? If so, why don't we have a pic al...

In GEAR » UL camp stool - first trip out with backpacking movie night
June 12, 9:39pm

All-cotton
I just double-checked the Walmart bandana... It is printed on just one side, but it's 100% cotton.

In GEAR » Bandana question
June 12, 9:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken K

Ken K has posted no reviews.