BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 181 - 190 of 738 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: cat
Yes, she is on a leash. She's been an indoor cat for 16 years (since she was a kitten), this is her first yard, so I'm being over-protective. I have a bungie-cord leash + a 50-foot paracord...

In GEAR » OES 4-season Tarp First pitches
October 18, 8:43pm

Re: Tarp/Mid Suggestions For Sierras
Have you looked at the Alpinlite stuff? That might fit the bill, as well. I'd also recommend having a look at the OES gear, since Brian at OES does custom work, and also has a pretty good s...

In GEAR » Tarp Suggestions For Sierras
October 18, 8:39pm

OES 4-season Tarp First pitches
Since this came up in a recent thread, and I'm still learning its options and all, I figured I might as well post some images and impressions. As far as build quality, my impression is that ...

In GEAR » OES 4-season Tarp First pitches
October 18, 7:06pm

Re: Solid State Drive and Cooling
" It should in theory cool just as efficiently as when you are at sea level with a higher temperature." I agree, and in fact I'd expect the opposite problem, which is that the devi...

In GEAR » Use of iPods and similar devises above 10,000 ft.
October 18, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lines n' knots
A clove hitch holds better than I expected it to, also. I tried with Triptease, using it for both ends of one of my ridge line tie outs this evening; a clove hitch on the trekking pole tip that I s...

In GEAR » Best knot for Triptease line?
October 17, 1:06am

Re: GG SilTwinn
Have you checked out the Outdoor Equipment Supplier stuff? Brian has good prices, and makes good gear. I got a 4-season tarp from him, and did a quick exploratory pitch in my back yard this evening...

In GEAR » GG SilTwinn
October 16, 10:23pm

Re: Re: Re: gossamer tent
Brian at Outdoor Equipment Supplier told me the same thing in an e-mail exchange not too long ago; he said he'd been through several batches of SpinnUL, but even with all the effort of trying t...

In GEAR » z hexamid vs gossamer gear one
October 09, 2:34pm

Re: Re: I Love my Clikstand
> You do loose the screw on cap and the simmer ring though Losing the screw-on cap and the simmer ring are the main turn-offs for me with the Evernew titanium burner, but the titanium Cliksta...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone vs. Clikstand Alcohol Stove Tests
October 05, 1:48pm

Re: Re: beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
Has anyone tried one of the 4-season tarps out there? They're usually referred to as hammock tarps, but it seems like they ought to work nicely for ground camping as well, since they're bas...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 04, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Net tent for GG SpinnTwin
I only have experience with the MLD Serenity from that list, but I will say one thing: the Serenity's full silnylon panels are nice for breeze prevention. After pitching my tarp, the wind shift...

In GEAR » Net tent for GG SpinnTwin
October 04, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.