BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 181 - 190 of 387 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Sun Protection for Legs?
For short hikes shorts are fine (time is dependent on altitude, tree cover, and how quickly you burn) for longer hikes you need long pants. I use convertible pants. If it gets hot I zip off ...

In GEAR » Sun Protection for Legs?
May 05, 4:59pm

Re: Thanks
Only 2 possible cause. filter cartrdge is plugged. rub it agressively with the grean pade. You want to scrub of the outer layer of the sintered ceramic filter off (at least 1mm maybe more). Lig...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 05, 4:20pm

use this address
I had some difficulty finding it on amazon (the paperback kept comming up). I found the free kindle version here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EDIAY4/ref=docs-os-doi_0

In GEAR » Free Kindle book this weekend: Keith Foskett - The Last Englishman
May 05, 12:30pm

Re: Lems shoes
"very natural foot shaped last. Best I have found outside the Conker shoes I have been wearing since the early 1980s." I just purchased a pare of Merrell Access 2 Barefoot shoes from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lems shoes
May 05, 12:01pm

Re: battery charger
Note bast on what I have read about the basic I pad mini I don't believe it has a GPS. Cel phones by law must provide the callers location so that in an emergeny they can be found. Cel phone ...

In GEAR » battery charger
May 03, 1:48pm

Re: Who needs a PLB
The weight is listed at 140grams without the band. Thats about the smae wieght of my ACR ResQlink PBL. Additionally the photos show an all metal band that probably adds 2 to 3 oz or more of weigh...

In GEAR » Who needs a PLB
April 30, 10:10pm

Re: Bonding ALU etc.
"If not, one other option might involve the ferrules that come bonded by Easton somehow into the tube. Wonder how they do that. Tried boiling to separate the ferrules as Roger suggested on ano...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonding ALU rods to tubes - What adhesive?
April 30, 12:18am

Re: Status of practical solar chargers?
Most solar chargers have a small pannel, an internal battery,electronics, and then a protective case. Most of the weight of most solar chargers are in the internal battery and case. Basically the...

In GEAR » Status of practical solar chargers?
April 27, 12:22pm

Re: Bonding ALU rods into ALU tubes - What adhesive?
Have you thought about crimping the tube. Using a file you can make a groove all around the rod. If you then apply pressure to the tube it will deform the tube to match the rod. A well done crim...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonding ALU rods to tubes - What adhesive?
April 24, 8:24pm

Re: Mini-knives: Gurber Curve Mini Tool vs. Leatherman key chain Multi-Tool
You might want to return the Leatherman. I have had minefor about a year and there is no play in the rivet. Still cuts moleskin just fine.

In GEAR » Mini-knives: Gurber Curve Mini Tool vs. Leatherman key chair Multi-Tool
April 20, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.