BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 181 - 190 of 357 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Precip
The Marmont Precip acceding to the web uses a waterproof breathable polyurethane coating. Polyurethane is the least stable of all plastics. Eventually the polyurethane will get sticky, break apart...

In GEAR » Warranty expectations from high end gear companies
March 26, 7:41pm

Re: Rechargeable GPS
Your Foretrex 401 uses AAA batteries. Buy 4 AAA rechargables. charge 2 and put 2 in the Foretrex. The other 2 go into a solar power charger. I did a quick google check and found 2 soar powered A...

In GEAR » Rechargeable GPS
March 25, 5:03pm

Re: Clear Nalgene or other water bottles + natural UV
Most plastics block UV light. Very little UV would make it to the water. clean lake water is exposed to UV for days, yet experts still advise treating the water.

In GEAR » Clear Nalgene or other water bottles + natural UV
March 25, 2:02pm

Consider Kearsarge Lakes
When my brother and I did it some time ago we spent two days getting to Rae lakes mainly to gave ourselves extra time to adjust to altitude (I needed it, my brother didn't). We hiked past Doll...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Planning a Rae Lakes Trip Need Wisdom
March 24, 9:19pm

Re: Modified Kovea Spider
I would be interesting in how your experiment works out. Out of cureosity how is the hose connected to the preheat tube. Is it just threaded on? Also what were the two springs for?

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Kovea Spider
March 24, 7:43pm

Re: I don't get Half Dome permits
"My proposed system: Anyone can print out a "permit" from a website. It explains the rules and gives safety guidelines." Yosemite rangers have been explaining the rules and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 23, 12:44am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hooray for helping to get it :)
"Craig, if one location has too many people for your liking, why not go to another location? Also, we would have to operate under the assumption that if they took the permits away that the...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 22, 1:24pm

Re: Bladders/ Bottles for Sawyer and Steripen
"Questions: (1) Is anyone still using this Nalgene set up and satisfied with the results? (2) Would the Steripen work with a larger volume container, perhaps the 64 oz / 1.4L Nalgene bott...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 1:13am

Re: Windscreens
"Why doesn't the addition of 15-30% propane cause a dangerous situation just as 100% propane does? Acetylene has a very high gas pressure, yet we use it all the time as cutting/brazing tor...

In Editor's Roundtable » Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
March 19, 12:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Windscreens
"The one that sits on the radiation shield is very similar to the one I remember being described on this site. You are right, the bowl one is also very good. They both are quite similar, in th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
March 17, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.