Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 181 - 190 of 620 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...62

Forum » Thread

Hex Solo + Serenity Net Tent = ok
Yes, the Serenity net tent will fit under the Hexamid solo... and it looks like it fits pretty dang good! Check out this link: ZPack's Hexamid Solo

In GEAR » Lightest bug net tent?
July 29, 5:42pm

Re: Silnylon Rain Shell
Paul, being silnylon, it is very waterproof. However, I have found that when wearing it in prolonged heavy rain, water will obviously seep through the seams. This is no fault of the material, or of...

In GEAR » Luke's ultralight?
July 28, 6:34pm

Re: Re: Hey
Justin, I can't remember if I ever emailed him or not, however, I do remember that the few times I called him, he always picked up after just a few rings. And once on the phone, he was very hel...

July 28, 7:57am

Another happy customer
I too have a sil rain jacket from Luke, and like others have mentioned, it is top notch craftsmanship. As well, I was able to call Luke up on the phone, and make a few customization's to the ja...

July 26, 8:28pm

Re: Re: Flying with gear... specific questions
Doug, I already have my food and don't really want to order more, buy more. Other than this, my OCD is better when it knows that I have already taken care of everything before hand rather th...

In GEAR » Flying with gear... specific questions
July 25, 8:40pm

Flying with gear... specific questions
In another month, I will be flying from Memphis, TN to Seattle, WA, via Delta Airlines. I will be meeting up with a few friends for a week long hike in the Olympics! Anyway, neither flights are one...

In GEAR » Flying with gear... specific questions
July 25, 8:01pm

Re: outside while hiking?
Kevin, as I mentioned, I wear mine while at camp and of course while sleeping. This does include when doing camp chores both at night and in the morning. However, when I start packing up, they are ...

In GEAR » western mountaineering down pants?
July 24, 8:50pm

Re: goosefeet
+1 of the GooseFeet Gear down pants! A while back I was torn between the MB & the WM (Flash) down pants), but I ended up going with the GFG down pants. What I got out of it was a pair of pan...

In GEAR » western mountaineering down pants?
July 24, 8:42am

Re: Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
When I bought my solo plus Hexamid tent, I added the beak. When I bought my solo plus Hexamid tarp afterwards, I decided I liked the beak enough to add it to the tarp too. I enjoy having it in rain...

In GEAR » Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
July 22, 5:24pm

Re: Re: TH M90 V2 & 3 Carification
Doh... so simple... :) Sorry guys...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 17, 8:26am

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.