BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 181 - 190 of 516 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: new source for titanium pots/cups
I accidentally picked up the 375 ml Toaks cup a while back (I meant to hit "add to wishlist" but instead I hit "Buy with 1-Click"... I realized it a few hours later when I got t...

In Gear Deals » new source for titanium pots/cups
December 23, 1:35pm

My system & a question
I generally carry 2, 20 oz Gatorade bottles, one on each shoulder strap. (I used to carry just one 32 oz Gatorade bottle, but as my pack weight got lighter, I noticed how uneven the weight was with...

In GEAR » Water container system breakdown
December 23, 8:43am

Re: Doubling pads
I agree with Konrad, I don't see why you couldn't. The only thing I would be concerned about though would be keeping the air pads stacked on top of each other throughout the night... In ...

In GEAR » Winter hike: using 2 sleeping pads together, good idea?
December 23, 8:21am

Re: Re: probably wrong settings for low battery life
I also picked up the H51 earlier this year and have been very happy with it! http://sticksblog.com/gear/lighting/zebralight-h51/ I added a DIY elastic headband and it now comes in at exactly ...

In GEAR » ZebraLights...
December 21, 9:14pm

Enlightened Equipment
Enlightened Equipment.

In GEAR » 3 season light weight sleeping quilt
December 20, 8:44pm

Got mine too!
I imagine that a few people got their Houdini's in today... :) I am comparing mine to my NF Verto I have, which is not perfect, but doesn't have much that I am too concerned about, espe...

In Gear Deals » Houdini's 37.83on sale at REI-Outlet
December 20, 8:39pm

Plus FREE 2-Day Shipping!
Thanks for posting! I had been wanting to pick up a houdini to try out and compare it to my Verto, but haven't wanted to drop the $$ on one...but at $37 (after you add it to the cart, today onl...

In Gear Deals » Houdini's 37.83on sale at REI-Outlet
December 17, 8:28pm

Re: Winter Gloves and Miitts system
Our winters are pretty mild. If it gets to single digits it is rare. Most of the time our lows are in the mid teens and up, not counting wind chill. I have been fine just using my OR PL150 Fleece g...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 15, 4:12pm

Re: Yeah GooseFeet
Another plus one on the GooseFeet Down Socks and Overbooties. They are great, and I am very happy with them. Very glad I shelled out the $$ as I feel that they are very worth it...

In GEAR » Question on Western Mountaineering Booties
December 08, 12:37am

ZPacks
You could look at the ZPacks rain mitts. They are a bit smaller than my MLD rain mitts. Also, if you email ZPacks first, they may be able to make them a bit more custom.

In GEAR » Rain mitts for women
December 05, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.