BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 181 - 190 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re: VBL clothing v.s. VBL bag
Eric, i read your post a few days ago but now have some time to reply. I agree with you 100%. A Vapor Barrier suit, IMO, is leaps and bounds better then a Vapor Barrier bag liner. The reasons you ...

In Winter Hiking » VBL clothing v.s. VBL bag
December 11, 10:26am

Re: re: Momentum 50
I ordered 5 yards and just got it a couple of days ago. I have barely played with it as of yet, but to me, the fabric feels very strong - much more than I had anticipated...do I hear a request for ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Momentum 50
December 11, 10:18am

Re: Re: Snap Source?
Kamsnaps - great place. I grabbed a bunch of them and used them on the doors of the shelter you see in my avatar. Like Newton, I also went with the pliers over the press. Takes a few to get the han...

In Make Your Own Gear » My MYOG Barber Pole Top Quilt
December 03, 10:38pm

Re: ULA "Potty Trowel" Ice Axe
Hi Bruce, I'd be interested in some more information regarding the break aswell. Do you still have the axe? It would be great to see some pics.

In GEAR » Helix Ice Ax
December 03, 6:53pm

Re: Ridgeline pics
Awesome...it's as simple as that, eh? :) Big thanks Lawson. I'll most likely give it a try this weekend, got a bit swamped with work, but I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes.

In Make Your Own Gear » How to bond a cat curve on cuben shelter
December 03, 6:47pm

Re: Backcountry Boiler -- Site Down?
Works for me. Maybe give it another try.

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (now the Backcountry Boiler)
December 03, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Re: My MYOG Barber Pole Top Quilt
FWIW I "barber poled" this quilt for the fun of it and the look that resulted Good for you, I do things all the time for fun! It looks great, and the weight is very impressive. Keep up...

In Make Your Own Gear » My MYOG Barber Pole Top Quilt
December 03, 6:41pm

Re: Re: bitter sweet
Best of luck Tim. Sounds like a great move and opportunity. Can't wait to see the new products!

In Gear Deals » TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP
December 02, 9:47am

Re: Cat Cut Tutorial
Lawson, Yes, you are correct - 4" in the middle. I really appreciate the offer. As for specific pics, if you have the time, I guess a step by step would be great, just a few though, no need ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to bond a cat curve on cuben shelter
December 02, 9:41am

Re: Re: Re: Momentum 50
Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw the announcement, was: "Steve is going to make a new bivy." You know me too well...:) I was just working out the details of a new bivy...

In Make Your Own Gear » Momentum 50
December 01, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm