BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 181 - 190 of 564 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...57

Forum » Thread

Dri Ducks
http://www.froggtoggs.com/?outerwear/driducks Lots of places carry them. People use the DriDucks Ultralite Rain Suit. The Ultralite poncho is OK. The Emergency poncho is very light but very del...

In GEAR » DriDucks question
October 27, 8:48am

Podiatrist.
I'd say see a different podiatrist. Find one who tries to keep runners running. Check with local running clubs for recommendations. I have foot problems and found a local podiatrist who runs...

In Philosophy & Technique » Footwear for crooked toes
October 18, 2:49pm

Tunnel hoods!
Dave G., Yes, I have one of those hoods in your ebay link. Highly recommended and well worth the $14! I got an even better Canadian military surplus hood in Montreal that has a real fur ruff; ...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 1:23pm

Tunnel hoods!
I love my military surplus tunnel hoods for windy conditions. They contain a soft wire so they can be formed into a real tunnel with a narrow opening in real wind. They are not UL (not even L). ...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 11:03am

666 Plan.
I doubt that Cain understands the implications of his 999 plan. As another candidate said, the devil is in the details, and his plan is poorly thought out. His 9% business tax is essentially a...

In Chaff » America's Wealth Gap -- No. 39 in the World
October 15, 6:05pm

Boiling meltwater.
It takes a lot of energy to melt snow. So, you'll always be better off if you can find any liquid water. Just don't fall into a stream at -40. If it's cold enough that there is no li...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Not necessary to boil meltwater
October 14, 4:35pm

Re: Where to Live
Kathy, I'd think very carefully about what hikinggranny said. I'm 68 and live in a lovely but isolated part of Mass; if I move it'll be to be closer to my sons and other relatives. ...

In Chaff » Where to Live
October 11, 2:42pm

South Taconic Map.
Here's a link to a truly great map of the area. http://www.bnrc.net/maps/ Click on the South Taconic Map and you'll get a zoomable online version: http://www.bnrc.net/zoom_map/southtacon...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 04, 8:27pm

Vapor barrier for Andes.
Neat idea; I really don't like the idea of stripping naked at below 0F. The Peruvian Andes are very arid in the northern summer (July, August, Sept), so vapor barrier clothing might not be...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vapour Barrier Suit experiment
October 04, 6:16pm

RE: 10/21 - 10/23 it is!
I'm in. I have a foot problem that might limit me to shorter hikes, but there's a number of little peaks there I want to do. This is one of my favorite places.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 03, 7:45am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.