Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Vance (Servingko) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Intermountain West
About Me Thru hiked the PCT in 1983 and half of the CDT in 84. Backpacking since 1973 when I did my first 50 miler as a scout. Total gear nut and have dropped from a base weight of 35lbs to 10 - 12lbs and love spending time in the mountains even more. I typically get out for 2 week long trips and several weekend trips each year.
CitySalt Lake City
StateUtah
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Vance

Showing 181 - 190 of 499 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...50

Forum » Thread

Xtherm
I have one being shipped to the Cabela's near me that will be here Monday or Tuesday. I sure hope it's the xtherm as I am not interested in the xlite.

In GEAR » NeoAir Xtherm - In Stock at Cabelas !!!
February 08, 8:22am

Neoair allseason and xtherm
You may want to check these out. I purchased both and will be testing them the 17 th through the 21st. I have slept one night on the allseason and it was impressive.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad R-Value questions
February 07, 4:46pm

UL7
With pad itself, I have been good down to freezing. By adding a 1/4" ccf pad I have been down to the lower 20's but it was a bit cool under me. I was sleeping in silkweight long underwe...

In GEAR » SynMat UL 7 Limbo: How Low Can You Go?
February 07, 8:30am

Coldest
-27f inside the tent during a ski touring trip in the Boundry Waters Canoe Area. This was at Sawbill Lake Jan 1975. Great trip but my brother and I thought we were going to die and be eaten by wo...

In Winter Hiking » coldest temperature you've experienced?
February 06, 9:52am

Katabatic
I have purchased 3 quilts from Aaron at Katabatic and love them. Impeccable workmanship and design with materials of the highest quality. They are beyond reproach. I have not seen Tim's work...

In GEAR » Quilts: Katabatic vs Enlightened
February 05, 2:44pm

Still Wating
I am in the same boat .....kind of takes the fun out of it.

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
February 03, 8:04am

Boulder Lake
I was there just through there this past fall. Lots of burned out forest the first day but fine after that. I will put together something more indepth when I am at my keyboard and not typing with...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range-Boulder Lake TH
January 28, 2:59pm

Optimus 8R
I have an Optimus 8R somewhere. Noce blue all metal clamshell case with brass stove and tank. Great little stove that roared like a jet engine, didn't hold enough full to finish cooking anyth...

In GEAR » @Nick: Please keep the finds coming! Okay, Old Stoves
January 23, 10:22pm

Facebook
I have an account but spend little time there. Those few people I care about get phone calls, visits and e-mail. This group has made other threats that didn't come to fruition so we will ...

In Chaff » This Should Be Interesting
January 23, 10:07pm

Top 1%
There are no doubt some liberals and conservatives in the top 1% that think they aren't paying enough. Why do they have to wait for new tax code/laws? They can contribute as much as they wou...

In Chaff » How has the change been?
January 21, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by John Vance

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Chisos
This is from previous posts but I thought I would include it here as well. I received my Chisos with 2oz overfill and just wanted to update those waiting to hear a little more about my initial imp...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 06, 11:48am

Katabatic Gear Sawatch
I know I only have spent 4 nights using my Katabatic Sawatch, I wanted to get a review out for those interested that I have posted elsewhere on this site but not in the review area. I can say thi...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 10, 10:18am

Six Moon Designs Swift10
Now that I have some miles on my 2010 Swift I thought I would prepare a more thorough review. I have been using a 2006 SMD Starlight for the past few years and really love it coming from a brief stin...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 10, 10:09am

Kookabay Custom Down Air Mattress (DAM)
I recently my pad from Bender yesterday and have to say I am impressed. The seams and sealing is very consistent, straight, and even. My custom pad used the standard 70d fabric and is 24" wide, 6...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 22, 11:08am