Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 181 - 190 of 642 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...65

Forum » Thread

Pot Lid: How To
I used a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminium to create a sort of template - it has a curve at the radius to form the lip of the lid. The 1mm aluminium sheet was attached to the template by a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lid
March 11, 2:30pm

Pot Lid
I have a Coleman Exponent Cookset which consists of two pots but only one lid. This is really annoying as the lid is sized to fit the larger pot but I only ever use the smaller pot. So, I made my o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lid
March 10, 8:37am

100% propane in aluminuim canisters?
Does exist, altho I have yet to see one in a shop

In Editor's Roundtable » Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
March 10, 7:22am

Re: Re: Re: Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
Hi Roger > The problem with vaporiser tubes is sealing them. At the stove end I drilled a hole thru' the centre of a brass M5 bolt and then brazed the SS vaporiser tube into the hole. ...

March 06, 3:21pm

Re: Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
Nice article Roger, which pretty much matches my own experience. Here's an early stove I made which suffered from too much heat conduction down the aluminium mixer tube, which damaged the o-rin...

March 06, 3:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: canister stoves in cold weather
Paul wrote: The reason is fuel container weight. I'm guessing from that statement that you are using the squat gas canisters normally used for upright stoves with a remote canister stove and...

In GEAR » How much White Gas for snow camping
March 06, 1:59am

Re: Re: Re: canister stoves in cold weather
There is no single right answer, it all comes down to appropriate tools for the conditons. If it's only 10 or 20F below freezing then an inverted canister stove is definitely easier to use and ...

In GEAR » How much White Gas for snow camping
March 05, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Sub 3.5oz Remote Canister Stove
Maybe I should try my hand at MYOG, but I hesitate lest I get something wrong. You don't learn anything until you start trying and that is part of the satisfaction to be had. When something ...

In GEAR » The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
March 04, 1:38pm

Re: Sub 3.5oz Remote Canister Stove
It's been done already Then there are Tony B's miniature stoves, and Roger C keeps very quiet about his stoves...

In GEAR » The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
March 04, 6:20am

Re: 'Naked Rambler'
Sad guy, as he insists on being nude at all times and has thus missed the entire upbringing of his two children due to being imprisoned. For what? There are many greater injustices in the world. He...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'Naked Rambler'
March 03, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm