Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 181 - 190 of 538 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...54

Forum » Thread

Oahu
I haven't been there, but when planning hikes, do we have to avoid drug growers, and / or native Hawaiians that don't like Mainlanders?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oahu hiking ideas
February 13, 6:10pm

Breezy on Mt Rainer
The people on cascadeclimbers.com have noticed that Camp Muir on Mt. Rainer is a bit breezy today: “Gusting to 152 but averaging 128 mph, incredible. And still going up.” “A cate...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Breezy on Mt Rainer
February 13, 5:53pm

"Tech" bindings
I'm looking at a pair of Scarpa Spirit 3, Dynafit-compatible ski boots as I type (well, between typing). There are two grooves in the heel, which spread out into a "T" shape. The Dy...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 10, 7:40pm

Yuppy Me
Re: ISPO 2011: “Danny is wearing the Belite Jacket filled with Eider duck down. This insulation reportedly costs from 3,680 - 11,000 € (US $4,999 - $14,944) per kilo. The feathers are collect...

In GEAR » Yuppy Me
February 07, 4:43pm

Partly Cuben
For What It’s Worth: note the length of the “Long:” 6 feet, which is long enough to cinch around the neck, so it’s not exactly a “Half Bag” or “Elephant’s Foot.” Vireo 25°-45...

In GEAR » I know we decided gear sucks and all, but check this out: Cuben Infused Cyanocitta.
February 01, 10:19am

Down in the PNW
[RAB HAS 2 Event “shelters” tall enough that you can sit up inside]: [TENT 1]: Summit Mountain Bivi: Single skin, 2 person mountaineering shelter with increased headroom Weight:2000g/71oz (...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 27, 12:29am

Gassy vest
Re: “I would take a serious look at Klymit argon gas vests…. They aren't affected by moisture…” Is this the answer to a question raised in another thread, namely, how does one cope wi...

In GEAR » recommendation for vest- on the move AND insulation for camp/sleep
January 26, 8:11pm

DAS parka
I know I am being too tough on the reviewer, who I'm sure is a nice guy. Sorry. I am an IBM computer, not a hUUman, and get stuck in my logic circuits, so, just to stir up trouble, NOTE: NOWH...

In GEAR » Logic error in DAS review?
January 18, 6:26pm

Logic error in DAS review?
Shane Shin in his January 15, 2011 review said the DAS is too cold: “The downsides of the parka are that it’s not that warm! This will keep me warm in 20 degree weather standing around for abo...

In GEAR » Logic error in DAS review?
January 18, 9:38am

Down with sealed seams
Apparently, this snowboarder down parka attempts to seal the seams, but I can’t vouch for how successful they are: Burton AK 2L LZ Down Jacket - Men's from Backcountry.com: • Gore-Tex P...

In GEAR » Down and Event or like material
January 13, 10:23pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm