BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 181 - 190 of 529 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...53

Forum » Thread

Down with sealed seams
Apparently, this snowboarder down parka attempts to seal the seams, but I can’t vouch for how successful they are: Burton AK 2L LZ Down Jacket - Men's from Backcountry.com: • Gore-Tex P...

In GEAR » Down and Event or like material
January 13, 10:23pm

Down with eVent
Just a quick thought off the top of my head (pointed): The large sizes of DriDucks fit over almost anything, so could you leave your down parka stuffed inside a DriDucks, then grab them both out of...

In GEAR » Down and Event or like material
January 13, 5:29pm

Thanks
Can you guess how the DWRs compare? Both the puff and the MontBell about the same for windproofness and moisture resistance and breathablility?

In GEAR » MontBell: Light bivy swaeter?
December 27, 9:22pm

MontBell: Light bivy swaeter?
Dane of www.coldthistle.blogspot.com says: “Primaloft 1 (PL1) and Arcteryx's Coreloft are the only two synthetic insulations I would buy for climbing use.” Bearbreeder says, “known PL1...

In GEAR » MontBell: Light bivy swaeter?
December 27, 7:27pm

Combo soft / hard shell?
NOTE: Eddied Bauer Frontpoint is 1/2 price, 12-21-2010 only. I'm no expert, but Dane of coldthistle.com is an expert snow and ice climber, and he said: "Eddie Bauer Front Point jacket… ...

In GEAR » Which softshell for winter climbing in the Canadian Rockies?
December 21, 7:54pm

Moisture Management
Re: "I've been hiking for 50 years and long ago gave up staying dry. I'm a heavy sweater and no amount of layer management will keep me dry." I'm no expert, but Vapor Barrie...

In GEAR » Chilly Weather Moisture Management
December 21, 10:26am

Chilly
I would listen to Eric Chan, I believe he is a true expert. Re: “Omit the fleece if you're trying to minimize weight. Fleece is heavy for the insulaton it provides, may 2X or 4X down or syn...

In GEAR » Chilly Weather Moisture Management
December 20, 7:32pm

EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
Here’s what Eddied Baurer says about their Frontpoint jacket (17.28 oz, size not specified) [I have no affiliation with EB]: “The perfect outer layer for all mountain activities—especially i...

In GEAR » EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
December 16, 7:19pm

Reviewer Dane at coldthistle
What do you think of Dane at coldthistle.com? “I switched a few years ago to all Schoeller style clothing. But unbelieving in just how far I really needed to go I bought all the gear in an insul...

In GEAR » NeoShell from Polartec, the eVent slayer?!
December 16, 6:51pm

Roger's feet
But he stopped growing, while his feet kept getting bigger and bigger. Is he an alien? (Besides being an Aussie) Maybe he could get a job in a circus as a big-footed clown. Sorry Roger, I know ...

In Winter Hiking » BC ski gear for rugged, mileage focused touring
December 13, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm