BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 181 - 190 of 528 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...53

Forum » Thread

black diamond light house
palace for one and if needed for two not so bad, especially if you have the optional vestibule.

In GEAR » Your fav solo winter backpacking tent?
February 01, 4:13pm

hardshell pants are so last century (i know, bold statement)
people used hardshell pants in the past because there were no good alternative. you wanted to stay warm and dry and that's not a bad thing; but for many, if not most situations hardshell pants ...

In GEAR » Hardshell pants, dual purpose, logic check
January 30, 7:36pm

do you need a mid-layer
the cioch sounds like an outer and mid-layer combined. on teh move at a moderate pace i don't think you will need the mid-layer. if you want to go a little warmer, ditch you base layer and sub...

In Winter Hiking » Help with winter layering
January 28, 8:35pm

copper wire in the flame and co production
i wonder if the copper wire in the flame could increase co production. not that i would ever use my canister stove in a tent (insert wink here), but i always think of proper ventilation when light...

In GEAR » School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
January 28, 7:22pm

i'm with konrad
my pack goes on teh plane as carry-on luggage. i try and pack as many heavy things that i can into the pack so that it lightens my checked luggage weight. i typically pack teh brain for the pack ...

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 24, 9:10pm

incorporated into a replaceable insole?
as mentioned above, insoles to many are fairly personal and hiker/boot-shoe specific items. i use insoles as part of my boot-fit, sock combination package. I use diffrent insoles in the four pairs...

In GEAR » New product idea, inventor looking for feedback.
January 24, 7:58pm

cilogear airbeam frame sheet
May be too small, but it packs down tiny, weighs nothing, rugged and is inflatable: http://www.cilogear.com/aifrsh.html With the trip you are planning I'd be reluctant to take a cut-down ...

In GEAR » Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
January 18, 7:48am

as said above
it all depends on the boot and how it fits. it just so happens that with my current double boot i wear a thin wool sock. i'm not looking for a sock system for warmth with the boots i have, bu...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » High and Cold Sock System?
January 17, 2:11pm

removing base layers and other questions
I do not remove my base layer (and seldom remove my pants even to sleep), which is typically a pair of Patagonia running tights or if (relatively) warm, just stretch woven soft-shell pants. On top...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
January 10, 11:46am

my issue with these and any idividual toe foot gear
is catching a toe. i go barefoot on ocassion and that's my issue/phobia when out in the wild.

In GEAR » swiss protection socks w/ kevlar... no shoes needed?
January 04, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.