Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 181 - 190 of 555 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...56

Forum » Thread

"I can't believe no one has mentioned a bivy made from Unobtanium!"
you sir have won the internet.

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 06, 2:05pm

if you want to sleep out in a field
keep an eye out for an integral desings unishelter in event. they made them for a couple of years and they show up on ebay and some of teh other outdoor boards evey once in a while. you might also...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 04, 6:40pm

take your liner socks off
and dry your feet if you can. the more you can limit your feet's exposure to the damp socks (moisture)the better off you feet will be. i lay damp things like damp socks on my torso inside my s...

In GEAR » VBL liners
February 28, 7:09pm

i will stick with my heatgear recommedation
guy who turned me on to it wouldn't wear any other base layer, top and bottom. he's summited a hand-full of 8000m peaks and with some regularity headed down to south america (typically per...

In GEAR » very light powerdry baselayers - under armour
February 28, 6:13pm

under armour makes some great stuff
i'm a big fan of their heatgear. i'm not looking for insulation from my baselayer as much as i'm looking for light top with wicking ability. i like the *fitted* version so that it lay...

In GEAR » very light powerdry baselayers - under armour
February 28, 4:48pm

why not just go with a quilt?
the bag is designed for the alpine environment. I don't think you'd do as well with a quilt in a sitting bivy. you can easily pull the viero up under your arms, snug it with the draw stri...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
February 26, 8:26pm

the cut takes some getting use to
the top is cut wide so that you can wear your jacket inside and not reduce the loft. in the stock model it has less down (45* rating) in the wide area than in the foot (25* rating) in anticipatio...

February 26, 7:48pm

i've always really liked this bag
i wonder if ff would install a zipper at the bottom or a draw string. if it got a little warm, i'd love to be able to stick my feet out.

February 26, 2:55pm

going light and staying comfortable
glad to hear you found a clothing combo that worked for you. i'm a big fan of dressing light and trying to stay comfortable/cool in (truly) cold weather when on the move. sound like you'v...

In Winter Hiking » Help with winter layering
February 26, 12:04pm

packboard Hut Croo style..
and no waist belts. like movers they like to keep the weight on their shoulders.

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 4:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.