BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 181 - 190 of 525 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...53

Forum » Thread

copper wire in the flame and co production
i wonder if the copper wire in the flame could increase co production. not that i would ever use my canister stove in a tent (insert wink here), but i always think of proper ventilation when light...

In GEAR » School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
January 28, 7:22pm

i'm with konrad
my pack goes on teh plane as carry-on luggage. i try and pack as many heavy things that i can into the pack so that it lightens my checked luggage weight. i typically pack teh brain for the pack ...

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 24, 9:10pm

incorporated into a replaceable insole?
as mentioned above, insoles to many are fairly personal and hiker/boot-shoe specific items. i use insoles as part of my boot-fit, sock combination package. I use diffrent insoles in the four pairs...

In GEAR » New product idea, inventor looking for feedback.
January 24, 7:58pm

cilogear airbeam frame sheet
May be too small, but it packs down tiny, weighs nothing, rugged and is inflatable: http://www.cilogear.com/aifrsh.html With the trip you are planning I'd be reluctant to take a cut-down ...

In GEAR » Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
January 18, 7:48am

as said above
it all depends on the boot and how it fits. it just so happens that with my current double boot i wear a thin wool sock. i'm not looking for a sock system for warmth with the boots i have, bu...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » High and Cold Sock System?
January 17, 2:11pm

removing base layers and other questions
I do not remove my base layer (and seldom remove my pants even to sleep), which is typically a pair of Patagonia running tights or if (relatively) warm, just stretch woven soft-shell pants. On top...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
January 10, 11:46am

my issue with these and any idividual toe foot gear
is catching a toe. i go barefoot on ocassion and that's my issue/phobia when out in the wild.

In GEAR » swiss protection socks w/ kevlar... no shoes needed?
January 04, 4:30pm

neoprene, insulative quality and thickness
while it is true that wetsuits trap (if not too baggy) a thin layer of water and that helps to keep you warm, its true ability to keep you warm comes from and is directly related to its thickness. ...

In GEAR » My neoprene socks didn't work.
January 04, 11:39am

canvas sneakers/chuck taylor's
you might be surprised to know that hi-top converse chuck taylor's are popular amongst folks that race sailboats. the bottoms have great traction on wet slippery decks, they are comfortable in...

In GEAR » Shoes for canyoneering - Inov-8s?
January 03, 9:47pm

here you go
1 - What are you digging? If it's for sleeping trenches or a snow cave a plate isn't gonna cut it. COSTCO has a great shovel on sale that will fit the bill. 2 - You can make deadmen w...

In GEAR » Burning Questions before Camel's Hump
January 03, 11:24am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.