Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 181 - 190 of 545 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...55

Forum » Thread

Larger pots DO need to be higher, and here's an UL way
Well, time to eat some humble pie. First off, I'd like to thank Dan (zelph) for bringing up the idea of having higher pot supports, and that this might explain what Chris Martin described (see ...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
May 13, 3:09pm

Pot support height question
@Dan You said "I can see the pot supports are too low and will cause problems" [edit: you can read below my first defensive response; see my less defensive and data-based response a...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
May 12, 5:59am

Re: Ursack in Winds
I don't think there is a specific requirement, but not 100% sure about that. I used a pair of Ursacks with OP liners last year. There were numerous spots without good trees to hang from, so Urs...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
May 11, 1:06pm

Fire Sale on FireFly stove
price drop bump!

In Gear Swap » FS: FireFly UL titanium wood burning stove
May 11, 5:16am

FS: FireFly UL titanium wood burning stove
This is a one-time offer for the FireFly stove that JacobD got on loan from me to review. You can see his comments in his Hike It Like It blog. Lots of good stuff there. Anyway, its now back in my ...

In Gear Swap » FS: FireFly UL titanium wood burning stove
May 10, 5:55pm

Re: What is your preferred footwear in the Winds?
I did the Wind River Crest Trail as described in Backpacker magazine last year in late August in NB trail runners with no problem.

In GEAR » What is your preferred footwear in the Winds?
May 10, 11:02am

Pot to burner distance
of 1.25 to 1.75 inches is often described as ideal for most burners and most pots, whether using an alcohol stove or an Esbit burner (from top of Esbit tab). I favor the 1.75 inch distance in my ow...

In GEAR » Trangia burner
May 09, 12:57pm

Kahtoola microspikes work just fine with trail runners
but cannot comment on crampons. Probably dependent somewhat on strap configuration. Certainly for you to be able to kick into vertical stuff with toe spikes on crampons and climb up the vertical st...

In GEAR » Crampons with trail runners
May 09, 12:54pm

UL hammock options
+1 on BIAS hammock being a bit bigger than a Nano with little weight penalty.

In Gear Lists » First UL Hammock Gear List
May 08, 12:47pm

Another look at Esbit
I find a half of an Esbit cube in a Caldera Cone with a squat pot will heat 2 cups of water nearly to boiling, but not to a rolling boil. This is enough for breakfast or dinner in most cases. 3/4 o...

In GEAR » Lightest 10 day stove
May 06, 10:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.