BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 181 - 190 of 926 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...93

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
Actually I have been using my wife's Jam2 for mountaineering! It holds my ice tools and everything I need for any daytrip and some overnight stuff. It's not a half bad pack until you overlo...

In GEAR » GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
July 22, 12:47pm

Re: New SPOT Satellite Messenger this fall
Also the LCD screen "may" not be as bulletproof in water and other destructive testing. I know one of my friends left hers on the car and it bounced off on the highway at 80mph. Works goo...

In GEAR » New SPOT Satellite Messenger this fall
July 21, 11:00pm

Re: haul loops
The ice axe loops work great for your hiking poles.

In GEAR » GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
July 21, 10:59pm

Re: Nathan 759 and Inov8 Race pro 20
The 759 is pretty secure. I haven't used the inov8 yet. EDIT: If you can cut the volume requirement way down you might be able to do the Black Diamond Flash pack. It's pretty tiny but I ...

In GEAR » Running Pack?!?
July 21, 8:08pm

Re: New SPOT
I love my SPOT and will probably upgrade to the new one at some point. The tracking feature is the best part. I've probably used mine for over 4,000 miles of mountain biking and hiking trip...

In GEAR » New SPOT Satellite Messenger this fall
July 21, 8:06pm

Re: Can I lightweight my layers any more?
I'm not always in the "3 layer camp" myself. Often I do base layer, rain shell and insulated jacket but sometimes more complex trips or weather require more. This is where I keep ...

In GEAR » Can I lightweight my layers any more?
July 20, 8:04pm

1300 cals/day
Man I'd be so hungry but you'd certain survive if you drip calories so as not to bonk/lose mental energy and have an accident.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1300 Cals a Day
July 16, 1:42pm

bike maintenance
Well singlespeeds aren't exactly *zero* maintenance... The Zinn and the art book is good. I might even own it. If I can find it I'd be happy to send it to you for shipping costs. Also M...

In Other Activities » Bicycle maintenance
July 16, 10:49am

Re: Jam2
Zippers work, stretch side pockets are in good shape and ice axe loops/haul loop are good shape as well? Let me try on the Men's medium with my helmet to be sure and then I'll get back t...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Jam2
July 15, 7:38pm

golite 20 vs WM highlite?
Has anyone had experience with both bags? I'd love an Arc Alpinist but no way is that happening anytime soon. The Golite can be found cheap now and then but is it significantly warmer than the ...

In GEAR » Golite 20 quilt
July 15, 7:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm