Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 181 - 190 of 251 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
"The fact that it doesn't "breathe" is not an issue - i.e. no condensation problems here... IF you're using it only as a bottom layer. I have yet to hear of anyone complainin...

In Make Your Own Gear » UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
December 13, 7:39am

Re: Re: Re: UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
Needle holes will start a space blanket to shreading or at least tearing... You are putting a lot of weight into that design... It will become a bathtub of nonsensible sweat that will become...

In Make Your Own Gear » UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
December 12, 8:11am

Re: Re: Modifying sil nylon
Jim Coltens point about the tab on a felled seam is good... But I add... make sure that you waterproof it well, all over the tab base and not just the stitching... It will leak thru the threads esp...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying sil nylon
December 07, 8:25am

Re: Re: Re: Seychelle Inline Filter
PJ, Given that this filter does not "fold' I'm not sure that I understand your caution... I know that it does not filter viruses...none of the filters do that...you need a purifier to eliminate ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Seychelle Inline Filter
November 23, 3:59pm

Re: Seychelle Inline Filter
Have used these for 3+ years and 100+ nites out with no issues... great filter... Comes with a backflush fitting too, nice to have for clean out at home...Inexpensive at about $25, too. Put a po...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Seychelle Inline Filter
November 23, 5:58am

Re: Re: Nunatak
Down seldom goes thru these lighter materials....It is the minute feathers which have small quills which go thru because the quills poke thru... some times they will bring a down cluster along (lik...

In GEAR » Help me buy a Nunatak
November 23, 5:51am

Re: SUS vs SUL?
Just returned from a hike on the AT Jennings Creek to Daleville VA...Forcast was for low 30s....This means expect 20s ... so, we prepared for 10s...Carried the three quilt JRB Four Season set, HH E...

In GEAR » SUS vs SUL?
November 18, 6:47am

Bivi sack
To keep the fog from codensing on gear that should stay dry (sleeping bag/quilt) use a bivi sack or near bivi cover ... Either choice should be breathable. Pan

In Philosophy & Technique » Wet Weather Drying Techniques in Fog, etc.
September 27, 5:56am

Re: thanks
Dennis, You could probably use 1/2 elaxtic...we use 3/4....Also if you get No Snag velcro at Jo Anns it will only be 3/4 vice the 1 inch minimum size of omni tape. Our sleeves have a taper, s...

In Make Your Own Gear » adding synthetic sleeves to a vest...
September 22, 9:24am

sleeve use...
A zipper long enough to go around the arm at the shoulder weighs more than the tab system on JRB Down sleeves... Tabs let one use the sleeves w/o the vest also...This is a nice feature too. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » adding synthetic sleeves to a vest...
September 21, 1:18pm

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm