BPL Community Profile

Peter Surna (PedroArvy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Peter Surna has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://yart.com.au/pa/page.aspx

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter Surna

Showing 181 - 190 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

What is the weight of the pullover?
What is the weight of the pullover and what year is it?

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Micropuff pullover
April 04, 10:50pm

Sold
This item has been sold

In Gear Swap » BMW Torsolite with pics
April 04, 10:27pm

BMW Torsolite with pics
BMW Torsolite This is a once used BMW torsolite that weighs 10.7 ounces (304 grams) It looks new except for a small amount of araldite on two bottom corners that can be clearly seen in these ...

In Gear Swap » BMW Torsolite with pics
April 02, 8:45pm

Cloudburst Issues
I have used the CB as my main 2 person shelter for some years and I completely agree with Alison on these points: - It is between difficult and impossible not to brush up against the sides of th...

In GEAR » Help me choose between these double person tarptents.
March 31, 12:02am

In praise of cigars
I think there is a big difference between smoking quality Cuban cigars and “smoking” with a small “s”. I am not addicted to cigars at all as I smoke them for their flavour. It has on occasi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Smoking and hiking...
March 29, 8:17pm

How to scale up an undersized curved pattern easily
I am trying to make a paper pattern for the Six Moon Designs Meteor that comes with a PDF http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/ultralight/myo_Meteor.asp. No problems there except that one of the pages sho...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to scale up an undersized curved pattern easily
March 27, 9:01pm

1.3oz is fine
Although it’s not waterproof, the lighter stuff is fine and I recommend it. This is because you should never be pitching in a situation where you are in a pool of water. All my shelters use 1.3oz...

In Make Your Own Gear » fabric for bivy bottom - impregnated vs coated
March 27, 8:56pm

Cuban Cigars
I smoke Cuban Cigars and drink scotch every second night whilst backpacking and LOVE it. Nothing better than a top quality Cuban on a warm summer's day. I do not, however, draw back as that&...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Smoking and hiking...
March 27, 5:46pm

This stove would be perfect if it hand a strong simmer capacity
This stove would be perfect if it had a strong simmer capacity. As it is, I can't use it as my meals violently boil over. If only I could simmer with a really weak flame for 5 minutes or...

In GEAR » WHITE BOX STOVE IMPROVED
March 04, 5:40pm

I have PM'd you
I have PM'd you. You can email me direct at petras.surna@yart.com.au as well.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Cave and Nest
March 03, 10:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter Surna

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
I am a side sleeper and have used the Prolite 3 and normally a 3/4 length Prolite 4 but find the NeoAir to be far more comfortable. If you blow up the NeoAir on a warm sunny day you will find that ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 05, 7:49pm

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
Likes - I have the version with the mesh/fabric hood and use the bivy with the mesh over my face 99% of the time. This is much more comfortable and less claustrophobic than momentum fabric over my ...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
September 02, 8:44am

Stephenson 2R
It won’t fall down, it withstands high wind but there are too many usability issues with this tent to make it easy to use. Perhaps 10 years ago these tents were ahead of their time. Now they are n...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
October 22, 4:56pm

Six Moon Designs StarLite
I like the design of this pack but have issues over the quality and durability. On its second use, and with no real loads and no bush whacking, the mesh separated from its elastic on one of the sid...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 22, 12:09am

Feathered Friends Hummingbird, Epic outer
This bag has an Epic outer and a 0.85 inner with 2oz overfill. It weighs about 830 grams. Two of my friends have asked me to recommend bags to them and I have recommended WM Ultralights but someho...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 5:00am

Hilleberg Nallo 3GT 2005
I bought this tent in 2005 for really wet windy weather for 2 above the tree line. Pros: - Massive size for the weight of 2.75kg - Huge vestibule, I have never seen a bigger vestibule on a te...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 08, 4:28pm

Icebreaker Superfine 190
I second the above.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
September 06, 1:48am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
Pros: Lots of loft for the 400 grams of total weight. More than a WM Highlight for instance. Cons: Too narrow. Way too narrow to sleep in for me and I like sleeping bags people normally say are too...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 03, 6:17am