BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 181 - 190 of 374 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...38

Forum » Thread

There were some - but not many
My wife and I just finshed the JMT on Saturday with our 9 and 10 year old daughters. We went through the same multi-hour storms Erik B. describes above. Our daughters are certainly not manly at all...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 11:28am

B24 Crash Site
You might be interested to visit the B24 crash site from 1943. Have a look at these photos http://joeidoni.smugmug.com/gallery/3385314#!i=502307479&k=fByZz You will find a way description in t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yosemite – In at Parker Pass / Out at Tuolumne: suggestions
July 28, 11:16pm

SHR - PM or Email
Andrew, nice trip report - I always enjoy reading them and seeing your photos - for example when you got snowed on at Hetch Hetchy. As your PM is not working, I'm reaching out to you thi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo: Sawtooth Traverse and Matterhorn Peak
July 27, 5:50pm

JMT Gear
Matt, 1) If you camp a lot in mosquito infested areas, you will want the NetTent with the Haven. If you take the TT Double Rainbow or the SMD Lunar Duo, you have built-in netting for 41 oz. That...

In Gear Lists » August JMT (First time, first gearlist)
July 27, 10:48am

JMT Gear List
Matt, My wife and I will leave on the 4th with two of our daughters (8 & 10) on the JMT. So we might meet along the way. You could save a couple of pounds from your pack. Since you have n...

In Gear Lists » August JMT (First time, first gearlist)
July 27, 9:50am

Sierra High Route
Susan, I couldn't see in your post whether you are southbound (like most JMT hikers) or northbound. Your remark about following the PCT from Yosemite seems to indicate you might be northboun...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT: Other hikes in the area
July 26, 10:08am

Skyscape X vs. Cuben Haven
Andy, Thanks for your response to my question. Interesting comparison. Yers, my wife and I took the Cuben Haven for a weekend to the local redwoods. Very comfortable and no issues. Soon we wil...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 9:25pm

Skyscape X vs. Cuben Haven
Andy, Thanks for posting the photos. Very interesting. Since you also have experience with the Gatewood Cape and the Cuben Haven, I wonder whether you can elaborate a little on the differences a...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 5:15pm

ZPacks Exo and ZPacks Arc Blast
I switched from the Osprey Exos 58 to the ZPacks Exo. The Exo weighs 1.5 lbs less than the Exos 58 and carries very well. The new Arc Blast uses a mesh panel like the Exos 58 and looks very inter...

In GEAR » Lightweight Packs, with conditions....
July 06, 1:38pm

Integral Design & ZPacks
Depending on you family size these tarps from Integral Design make nice dining flys: Integral Design 10x12 Integral Design 8x10 If weight is an issue you can get tarps at all sorts of size...

In GEAR » Dining fly
June 24, 11:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.