BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 181 - 190 of 685 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...69

Forum » Thread

Logic Check: Windshirt
I'll pile on as another believer in the power and awe of the windshirt. I've been using the same Houdini for the last 6 or 7 years; it still looks brand new. It goes everywhere with me ...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 19, 12:33pm

The Great "Do Bears Hibernate?" Debate
Fun article with some interesting anecdotes. For the record, the black bears in my neck of the woods do not hibernate. Plenty seem to be roaming around all year long. It's not uncommon eve...

In Chaff » The Great “Do Bears Hibernate?” Debate
February 15, 4:20pm

Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
Beautiful shots Andy. That water looks really inviting for a swim on a hot summer's afternoon! Love how clear it is. Incredible...

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
February 15, 12:51pm

Fatbiking overnight at a Lookout Tower
Beautiful pics, really liking the low light shots around the lookout tower. I have absolutely no use for a fatbike where I live... but they sure look like fun!

In Post-Trip Reports » Fatbiking overnight at a Lookout Tower
February 15, 10:07am

Tioga Rd in the Snow
Nice pics, looks like a fun trip. @Chris, your sleep system (including your clothing) sounded like quite a bit of insulation. What sort of overnight lows did you have on this trip? Also curi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tioga Road in the snow
February 15, 10:01am

Notes from the Field: The Wintry Fringe Season in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness
I like these field reports; hope to see more in the future. The notes/reflections on what worked well in given conditions is valuable information for others to help them further refine (or re-thin...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field: The Wintry Fringe Season in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness
February 15, 9:46am

Merino Long Sleeve Baselayer top
I've found both the Smartwool Microweight Crew T-shirts and the Patagonia Merino 1 shirts to fit like a favorite t-shirt. A little bit of a slim cut but certainly not form fitting tight like s...

In GEAR » Merino Long Sleeve Baselayer top
February 15, 9:28am

Into a Land of Rock and Ice
You're on fire Ike! Another great set of shots from your overnighter. It's fun to sometimes go back over the seemingly familiar and give it another look. A change of seasons, the after...

In Post-Trip Reports » Into a land of rock and ice
February 13, 5:41pm

@ Andy
That sounds like quite a set-up. I'd be curious to see some photos of the various pieces in use. -Nick

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
February 13, 12:41pm

JMT 2013
I'm too am looking at a JMT hike for this summer with my GF. It'll be a late season hike for us though, starting a few days after Labor Day. We'll have about 10 or 11 days, so we'...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail 2013
February 12, 4:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.