BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 181 - 190 of 1750 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: What can you tell me about the material it's made of?
LightHeart Tents are made of 1.1 oz. sil-nylon (silicone impregnated ripstop nylon). Custom LightHeart Solo Tents are made from Cordura®brand sil-nylon. Windows and doors are nylon no-seeum mesh ...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 07, 5:20pm

Re: What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
Lightheart Gear Solo. So you are tied to your poles, so what, they'll be needed for your tent. ;-) And if you can trust the weather it can become a screened porch of sorts. htt...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 07, 3:24pm

Re: Server needs a serving!
Slllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwed to a crawl early this morning and resulted in dual and triple posts. Canceling the post does nothing because the post finally goes through and we have to delete the ...

In User Test Forum » BPL server response time is crap
January 07, 6:34am

Re: ...perform emergency surgery on the trail...
Warning Thread Drift Ahead Warning Hi Bob, We don't say the "S" word around the house much lately. I had some "S" back in November and a trip to the ER because of comp...

In GEAR » 5g UL backpacking knife
January 07, 5:21am

Re: ...perform emergency surgery on the trail...
Accidental Triple Post #2 :-?

January 07, 5:20am

Re: "...perform emergency surgery on the trail..."
Accidental Triple Post :-?

January 07, 5:20am

Re: I always have my eyes out for the lightest options...
TG, On my digital scale one of these little gems weighs 0.10 oz or 2.83495231 grams. ;-) http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_i...

January 07, 12:27am

Re: Re: Re: New Stove Recommendations
Susan, The diameter of your cook pots shouldn't be an issue. The Whitebox Solo II is recommended for use with pots as small as 3.5" in diameter such as the MSR Titan Kettle. With your c...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 03, 4:43am

Re: Bacteria and Rolling the lip of a beer can pot
Michael Ray suggested using another can as a source for a reinforcement ring in a Fosters type beer can pot. Dan reminded us that there would be a chance of that method leaving a space for bacte...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rolling the edge (lip) of a beer can pot
January 02, 5:16pm

Re: New Stove Recommendations
Susan, "The website says a pot stand is not needed, but if the jets don't light well, it looks like one would be needed." The Whitebox stove is designed to be a "pressurize...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 02, 4:58am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm