BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 181 - 190 of 234 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Reverse zipper for footbox
Brad, is this what you are trying to do? Assuming I understand the problem correctly, here is how to solve it: Open up the end of the zipper an inch or two and trim one side back two or t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse zipper for footbox
June 10, 12:31pm

UL Creatures - Pine Marten
Pine Marten, near Park Ridge, Oregon Cascades, 11/2008

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
June 07, 10:17pm

Grosgrain ribbon or Nylon webbing?
My preference is to use nylon webbing for the piece that goes into the 'adjustable' part of the ladderlock. It's stronger for where it enters the side/back seam or tab and doesn't...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anybody made the Ray Way backpack?
June 01, 5:33pm

Quilt Pattern
Troy, Here's one to get you started: Add seam allowances all around. End the footbox with a small fabric wedge between the second and third baffle. Trickiest part is getting the footbox &#...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pattern for a quilt with a short footbox
June 01, 1:03pm

Mesh Pocket Elastic
Nick, I've used shock cord, 1" fold-over elastic, and 3/4" non-roll elastic. The shock cord was hard to sew through and finish. I intended to use the 1" fold-over as the fin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
May 29, 5:08pm

Re: starting a zipper
Tim is right on about needing 3 hands to start a zipper. Stills from video: Windows Media Player Video Quick Time Video Hope the links work OK. Just learning XHTML.

In Make Your Own Gear » 12-ounce down... sleep thing
May 26, 3:54pm

Re: Help Starting a Zipper
Have you looked at AYCE's "Using Continuous Zipper?" He includes a drawing along with the text. Also Specialty Outdoors Zipper Tips Text for starting a zipper pull is at the b...

In Make Your Own Gear » 12-ounce down... sleep thing
May 26, 1:29pm

Re: Corrugated plastic as a pack frame
Search the forums for 'corrugated framesheet'. There are several threads. Adding aluminum or titanium stiffeners seems to be popular. Practicalbackpacking.com also has a entry fr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Corrugated plastic as a pack frame?
May 17, 6:24pm

Tubing clamp
Do you mean this? These are common in home brewing and can be found at many brewing supply stores.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where can I get a pinch clamp ??
May 17, 5:26pm

Re: Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
Nick, Check out the Gossamer Gear G4 instructions Here. The G4 front panel material is 12" wide and the pocket material is 15" wide (including seam allowances). I have a modified G4...

In Make Your Own Gear » Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
May 17, 1:13am

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.