Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 181 - 190 of 621 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...63

Forum » Thread

No More Twinkies or Ding Dongs
One of my backpacking buddies has always carried Ding Dongs with him on our trips. They get pretty smushed in his pack and we've seen him put them in a cold stream during the summer (still wra...

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 16, 6:39am

Mesh Hammock
Your buddy was lucky...a couple years ago I was using a Byers Mosquito hammock (with mesh and a zipper) and several of the support cords on one side snapped. They were tangled and were apparently ...

In Hammocks » 80 ft up hang
November 13, 10:50am

Backpack Packing Strategy
@James... Surely you're not referring to your wife as the "old boat"... Anyway, I appreciated your descriptions of how you load your Murmur. I too use a Murmur for my primary p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack Packing Strategy
November 12, 12:21pm

Yes to Pack Pockets
First note - I don't spend time bushwacking. All of my trips are on marked trails. I may occasionally have to divert around a downed tree or two, but that's the extent of my time in the b...

In GEAR » Pack Pockets Yes or No?
November 05, 9:10am

Pack Cover - The Packa
I use The Packa as my pack cover AND rain gear. It prevents that issue of water running down your back and soaking your pack from the uncovered side. It's also a great rain jacket with huge...

In GEAR » Pack Cover Vs Pack Liner
November 04, 5:24am

mUV Replacement
If you can find it go ahead and email them to see what they might be able to do for you. I dropped my original one and it bounced off the floor of an AT shelter and broke the filament. I think th...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods
November 03, 9:40am

mUV Failure
James, If you haven't already thrown it out, Meridian Designs has excellent customer service and would probably replace your mUV either for free or for a minimal charge. They've updat...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods
November 02, 6:30am

Comfortable Compromise
I was one of those who took the "get lighter no matter what" route. After a couple trips below 8 pounds base weight I tried sleeping in a hammock. At first my pack weight shot back up f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where do you compromise?
October 23, 6:55am

Everclear
Nevada may operate the same way as Pennsylvania...Here in PA we have a "State Store" system where all wine and hard liquor must be purchased from a state-owned and run store. Anyway, E...

In GEAR » Everclear 190 in Nevada?
October 20, 7:19am

Whoopie Hooks
Mark, Thanks for the explanation. It's certainly overkill (especially since there are now whoopie hooks) but for each of my five hammocks I have: 1 6-foot 1" strap with loops at bot...

In Hammocks » Dutchware products, titanium is cool
October 19, 4:40am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am