BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 181 - 190 of 265 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Re: GG Crown VC 60 fit
The fit does not seem too bad, but it is definitely not perfect. That said, my pack fits roughly like yours does with the slight fold and gap towards to the back of the shoulders. The difference fo...

In GEAR » No backpack fits me-problem with shoulder straps
May 16, 8:25am

Interesting!
Looks like a pretty awesome toy. If it can indeed replace a handheld GPS and an e-reader that would be something...

In GEAR » Earl Survival Tablet
May 13, 8:12am

Wait a second...
I think we are getting a bit confused here. Paclite is a 2-layer (or 2.5, they are the same thing) PTFE laminate made by Gore-tex and XCR (not ACR, I assume the original poster mis-typed)* is the o...

In GEAR » Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
May 13, 4:32am

Re: poles size
According to the website 63cm to 135cm... Of the mainstream manufacturers I think Komperdell make probably the lightest adjustable/folding ones. The Carbon Ultralite Vario is 176 per pole, adjus...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles-Lightest fully adjustable
May 13, 3:55am

Crux
I use a Crux AK-47X (http://www.crux.uk.com/en/rucksacks.php?range=1&product=3) for most of my trips. Similar weight to the ULA Circuit, no external pockets, slightly larger internal volume and...

In GEAR » WHICH BACKPACK
May 09, 8:28am

Don't discount MYOG
I wouldn't discount your MYOG ability too soon. If you have access to a sewing machine it's pretty darn easy to make a pack at least as useful as that STS pack. I'm currently working on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sea To Summit UltraSil DayPack Mods
May 09, 7:25am

Sil Day Pack
250g seems quite a bit for a plastic frame. Maybe use a closed cell foam to just pad your back instead since you can't transfer any load to your hips anyway with that design.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sea To Summit UltraSil DayPack Mods
May 08, 8:32pm

Re: seams on pack
Samuel: "Don't know what a 'basic flat seam' is" Yeah I don't really know what to call it either I guess. I just mean the easiest type of seam where you put the two pie...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
May 08, 7:43pm

Re: Dyneema X and waterproof
That's true, K C, and I do plan on making one out of cuben, which I will glue rather than sew. But for now I am just trying to learn how best to seal and finish a small sewn pack.

In Make Your Own Gear » Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
May 06, 11:38pm

DR
Not much to back this up but I prefer the Double Rainbow, not having used or seen either =D

In GEAR » Tarptent SS2 or Double Rainbow
May 06, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.