BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 181 - 190 of 426 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Conspiracy Theorist...
>>>I actually think the whole Democrat vs Republican thing is more diversionary than anything else.<<< Now that's enough: I refuse to let my very thoughful and illuminating...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 1:31pm

Re: How Did BUSH WIN...?
>>>I could make the same statement about the Obamessiah. Joe, well done. You simultaneously missed my point while helping make the point of the guy that said this on the radio.

December 10, 1:16pm

Re: Share if needed
>>>15) If moral is down be sure to talk about all the beer, pop, ice tea and pizza you will buy when done. Talking about food seems to always help.<<< Quite a while ago I read ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 10, 10:56am

How Did BUSH WIN...?
"How did GWB win a second term, I don't know anybody that voted for GWB..." All the talk lately about various PM's flying around in regard to the guns/hunting debate reminds me...

December 10, 9:46am

Re: Re: Wooly Mammoth
I see a very friendly looking swordfish swimming into a wooly mammoth.

In Philosophy & Technique » Feather and Mountain: The Backpacking Light ICON
December 08, 8:09am

Re: Re: best gear of 2009
Doug, awesome pics man. I saw your earlier posts regarding the bags Tim made for your kids and it inspired me to order one from Tim for my 3-year old daughter for x-mas. It should be shipping any d...

In GEAR » Your best gear of 2009
December 07, 7:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: UL with a gun
Dean, I have a feeling Ryan might be planning something that might try and prove you wrong. (I have no inside knowledge and don't know him, just a hunch.) But my other point is, even assumin...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Guns?
>>>I am trying to state historical fact.<<< Well then you might want to revise the following statement: >>>The founding fathers left more than enough examples that ...

December 04, 7:07am

Say What?
>>>The founding fathers left more than enough examples that the separation of God and State was NOT their intent.<<< Would you please share some of those examples? I...

December 03, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Lowering a pack using rope
>>>That will eventually wear out the haul loop. Also, the friction impedes the flow of the rope through the haul loop, more a concern when raising the pack than lowering it. I think a bett...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lowering a pack using rope
December 03, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am