BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 181 - 190 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Convincing Non-Backpackers
Micheal, If your boys already like "car camping", try a very short backpacking trip. Do it yourself prior to bringing the boys along so there are no big surprises for them. Start with ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » A Forum for Scouts and Scouters
August 05, 4:06pm

Re: Listerine Strips
Works great...I carry them all the time! Also helps the smell! Now if we could just do something about the pits!

In GEAR » Dehydrated Mouthwash?
July 03, 12:03pm

Back Country Blanket x2
Has anyone considered (or tried) using two BCB's? They hook together to make one big sleeping bag, and could also be used alone for trips without the misses. Thoughts???

In GEAR » Nunatak for couples
July 03, 11:26am

Ray Way for Couples
Has anyone done the Ray Way kit for couples? It's an inexpensive alternative, but they don't state the weight.

July 03, 8:44am

Nunatak for couples
While I'm trying to decide on which quilt to go with for my honey and I, the Nunatak brand seems to be one of the best out there. I am wondering... 1. Are they really worth the price tag? ...

July 03, 8:05am

Re: Re: 2 person bivy
David, I left you a voice mail & sent an email through your website 3 days ago. Also a BPL PM. Never heard back. John

In GEAR » Oware Bivy Two Person Simple
June 27, 4:55pm

Re: Anyone have experience using Ruff Wear Dog Backpacks?
We have both REI and Kelty brands. The Kelty, no matter what you do, moves to one side or the other. The REI stays put very well. The key is to keep the weight equal on each side. Good for holding ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Backpacking dog breed
June 27, 4:07pm

More experience with Refuge X?
Great thread from 6 weeks ago. I wonder if any of you have had the opportunity to experience this tent in more severe conditions since this post...e.g. heavy wind or rain? Is this the tent for ...

In GEAR » Refuge X setup and questions
June 26, 9:25am

Re: re:hand sanitizer
Victoria, I would love to take credit for the idea, but I actually learned the trick on one of the great posts on this website. One of those "duh, why didn't I think of that?" type of...

In GEAR » hand sanitizer as fuel for alcohol stoves
June 24, 4:58pm

Re: hand sanitizer as fuel for alcohol stoves
Haven't tried with alcohol stoves, but a few drops on an Esbit fuel cube makes the hard to light solid fuel all of a sudden easy. You can then simply use a Spark-Lite to light. No more messing ...

In GEAR » hand sanitizer as fuel for alcohol stoves
June 24, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm