BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 181 - 190 of 445 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: Luggage type bags
REI Wheely Beast --7200 cu in (118 liters) for about $114 -- but weighs 11 lbs: http://www.rei.com/product/747916/rei-wheely-beast-rolling-duffel-35 REI has smaller rolling duffels, too ---...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Luggage type bags
June 26, 7:30pm

Re: Wind River Range in July
Here's hoping that the window between Labor Day and start of hunting season later in September bears good news for trails in the Winds. Wonder if the late-melting snow might also bring late-bl...

In Fishing » Wind River Range in July
June 21, 3:33pm

Re: *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
Handline?

In Fishing » *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
June 19, 1:40pm

Re: How do you attach your quilt to your pad?
+5 (or is it 6?) for not attaching quilt to pad. But personal preference based on experience seems the only way to know what's "best" for each individual under different circumst...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you attach your quilt to your pad?
June 16, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Favorite Backcountry Music?
Randy Travis, Merle Haggard, and Conway Twitty. After all, you're out in the country, and maybe even "high on a mountain, in western Montana . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7...

In Philosophy & Technique » Favorite Camping Music?
June 15, 11:46pm

Re: Lightest 8 oz cup for coffee?
I like the Snow Peak Titanium Cup I because it is very strong, light, has a handle, and can be used to boil small amounts of water. Can easily convert the Cup I to an insulated cup by sliding it i...

In GEAR » Lightest 8 oz cup for coffee?
June 15, 1:27pm

Re: PNW/North Cascades Help
North Cascades Nat'l Park == A loop trip starts from the Hannegan Pass trail head on the west side of the Park, goes over Hannegan Pass to Copper Ridge, along that ridge going north toward the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 9:32pm

Re: Silnylon Water Bag
Antigravity Gear has a 1 gal sil water bag for $10 (plus shipping), with the weight given as 18 grams: http://www.antigravitygear.com/antigravitygear-1-gallon-water-bag.html

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Silnylon Water Bag
June 10, 4:43pm

Re: Gear storage
Diane, my wife and I usually lay our packs on the ground under our respective vestibules -- plenty of coverage there to protect them from the weather, plus I fasten our pack covers over each of the...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Evolution 2P Tent Review
May 26, 9:58pm

Re: Big Sky International Evolution 2P Tent Review
Good review. The Evolution 2P is an excellent two-person tent with a lot of good features at 3 pounds. When I purchased mine about three years ago, there had been a lot of criticism posted here a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Evolution 2P Tent Review
May 25, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm