Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 181 - 190 of 919 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...92

Forum » Thread

re: Entrepreneurs
I asked the officers what would happen if the dogs couldn't find the bags. They told me that they would all buy stock in the company before the article got released.

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 9:11am

Re: How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. We had fun performing this study and the dogs thought it was a great game. "I am a little surprised though that neither seems to have much useful effec...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 8:08am

Wet weather enjoyment
"Half of the bounce is 90% mental" - Tigger Like many working parents on the forum, I don't always have a lot of flexibility as far as when I go on trips. I can hike in the weather...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 4:39am

This is awesome!
Would go well with my current family setup. Do you make tarps? My daughters have requested a pink princess one.. and yes, they are trying to moon the camera

In GEAR » WARNING; DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL
April 09, 12:04pm

Simplicity
My system is like Craig's, mostly for simplicity's sake. I prefer foam pad instead of inflatable, achy stove instead of canister, tarp instead of tent. A minimum of zippers, valves, or othe...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze vs Aquamira Drops. The argument.
April 09, 11:50am

re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
What Dave said. Don't get me wrong though. It is a great pack and well worth considering. I just don't like giving glowing reviews without presenting pros and cons.

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 07, 2:26pm

Mmmm
Hashbrowns, biscuits, and gravy is still my favorite post hike meal. I like to get a side of sausage and 2-3 eggs over easy thrown on top. This sort of food orgy usually attracts attention from wei...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 07, 1:43pm

Re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
My wife bought me the Porter (expedition) about 1.5 years ago for family trips. Before that, I used to use a Dana Designs terra plane (about 7 lb for pack alone). I'm pretty happy with the e...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 07, 9:04am

re: driducks
For the ultralight 2 definitely size down. I wear a medium everything. The size small driducks fits me with plenty of room for layering. Driducks are awesome. With all the talk lately about $200...

In Gear Deals » Where to buy driducks these days?
April 07, 6:49am

re:
Thanks, man. Exactly what I needed.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » North Carolina hiking season?
April 05, 9:22am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.