BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 181 - 190 of 899 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...90

Forum » Thread

re: caribbean
I enjoyed this very much. I was also amazed at how much the shoreline resembled my own stomping grounds on lake superior, at least until you went under water... Thanks for a great report

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribbean Backcountry: Punto del Norte 3/26-3/29
April 02, 8:30am

Re: Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
Looks like a fun trip. Had to laugh at the note on your truck when you got back- I'm always afraid my wife is going to call SAR on me one of these days. It is a huge motivator for me to make bi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
April 02, 8:27am

re: Houdini
I've worn the same monkey-vomit yellow houdini for the past three years. It is now patched in spots, but the DWR finish still seems as good as when I purchased it. I wash it frequently in sport...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini's Deluge DWR questions
April 02, 7:59am

A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
The internet is a great and terrible tool for communication. It brings together people with diverse backgrounds, geographic ranges, and interests who all share a love for backcountry travel. Unfort...

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
March 30, 11:24am

nice
Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
March 26, 1:28pm

Re: cannisters
I'm with Jan. Alcohol, esbit, and wood give enough options without resorting to disposable canisters. As my wife commented on the Keurig craze, "Crapping up the planet one little cup at a ...

In GEAR » Starting to doubt using my alcohol stove for cannister
March 25, 4:04am

re: Dirty Devil
Awesome. Seriously.

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 20, 7:50am

Sealing HMG
I sealed a portion of the back panel, not because I was worried about waterproofing, but because the seams appeared to be under a lot of tension in that area (between shoulder straps and upper comp...

In GEAR » Has anyone seam sealed an HMG Expedition
March 20, 7:42am

Re: Bob Marshall Wilderness Open training, part 1
Awesome that you guys are doing this. Hope you enjoy it every step of the way, from training through execution. Good luck. Ike

In Post-Trip Reports » Bob Marshall Wilderness Open training, part 1
March 19, 2:02pm

Re: Thoughts on gear for long-distance hikers
Thanks for taking the time once again to share your thoughts. Your perspectives as a "professional" long distance hiker are much appreciated.

In Philosophy & Technique » Thoughts on gear for long-distance hikers
March 19, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.