Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

a b (Ice-axe) - BPL Guest

My Locale a b hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me a b has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by a b

Showing 181 - 190 of 575 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...58

Forum » Thread

Google Karma
And yet, if you Google the title of the OP you get this very thread. Do not underestimate the power of the internet to spread information. We have a lot of power here on Back Packing Light. We n...

In GEAR » Jetboil warranty won't return my cup!
June 18, 9:00pm

Re: Re: re
They currently have my stove, cozy, lid, and bottom cup which they are shipping back. Once I get those back I'll take further action. The refund would probably be my first request as I haven...

In GEAR » Jetboil warranty won't return my cup!
June 18, 7:25pm

Thanks!
Wow, thank you Peter! The website is truly amazing. You are right that it answers all my questions, except one.. Will I catch a fish? ;) BPL is amazing!

In Other Activities » Lake Berryessa California Work/Camping
June 18, 5:18pm

Lake Berryessa California Work/Camping
Hey, Has anyone ever camped out at lake Berryessa California? There is suprisingly little information online regarding this area.. which could be good or bad.. I dunno. I ask because I am leaving...

In Other Activities » Lake Berryessa California Work/Camping
June 18, 2:47pm

What do you want?
Ken, I consider you a friend here on BPL and in person via the GGG. Yet I am still confused about exactly what this is all about. Could you please state specifically what you want from Ryan Jorda...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Censorship again at BPL
June 13, 11:17pm

Back Packing Light
I am thankful for the folks here on BPL. To "meet" and discuss hiking related and even non-hiking related stuff here on BPL with such a diverse and varied group of people is the true gol...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Censorship again at BPL
June 13, 6:16pm

Chimney stove
Thats a cool stove but the main problem with that approach is that you have to simmer the food in a pan rather than simply add water to a ziplock bag. Cooking food in a pan means cleaning that pan...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much alcohol to bring for soda can stove?
June 09, 10:43pm

1 ounce per day
I recommend one ounce per day, assuming you cook one meal per day. Just boil your 2 cups of water and add em to your meal packet or whatever you have there. Let it sit, perhaps wrapped in a hat o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much alcohol to bring for soda can stove?
June 09, 10:08pm

Cheap Plastic Soda Bottle is Fine
I have never seen any plastic soda or water bottle do anything more than soften up when boiling water is put inside. As for boiling, well the lowest altitude of the places i have used this trick w...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hot water bottle/drinking water?
June 08, 10:38pm

Any bottle
I used soda and water bottles found along the trail or in trail towns. Occasionally i changed bottles if they got too grungy. The plastic taste goes away the longer you use a bottle. Basically ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hot water bottle/drinking water?
June 08, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by a b

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 (Bug Bivy)
I used the a Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 bug bivy every night of my Appalachian Trail thru hike. While there weren't many bugs flying around in mid March when I started, the fully enc...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
July 01, 9:39pm

MLD Patrol Shelter Solo Spectralite Wtih beak
The Mountain Laurel Designs Patrol shelter in translucent green Spectralight (Cuben fiber) is, by far, my favorite single piece of gear after 2180 miles and 98 days on my Appalachian Trail thru hike. ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 29, 11:30pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
Mountain Laurel Designs has proven to me that durability and light weight can co-exist in the universe. Fittingly, my first introduction to MLD occured on the Pacific Crest Trail when a fellow hiker...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 07, 1:03am

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
This is my initial review of the Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30 size regular. Weight as measured 19 ounces. Loft as measured 1 & 3/4 inches. I had found that I used my sleeping bag open ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 07, 12:18am

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
It was on the Pacific Crest Trail in Sept of 2009 near the end of my thru hike when I first saw another hiker(Lint) using an MLD Exodus frameless pack. Upon examining the craftsmanship of the pack, an...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 04, 2:21pm