BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 181 - 190 of 3294 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...330

Forum » Thread

Re: Wet, humid weekend. Stick to UL gear or go more traditional
"The hot water in the Kleen Kanteen works. I have been doing it for years. When I get to a campsite in the winter, I take out my sleeping bag and lay it out (generally under a tarp) and heat u...

In GEAR » Wet, humid weekend. Stick to UL gear or go more traditional?
August 20, 10:45am

Re: Trekking poles
I've owned three pairs of Black Diamond Carbon Corks. I forgot on pair at a trailhad and still own the other two. No problems with any of them. They are spendy but very durable. I'v...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
August 20, 10:42am

Re: Re: Wet, humid weekend. Stick to UL gear or go more traditional?
I have the Twin as well. Most of the time, condensation isn't a problem with it but when it's bad, it's bad. In humid conditions on the Wonderland similar to what you're describin...

In GEAR » Wet, humid weekend. Stick to UL gear or go more traditional?
August 20, 10:35am

Re: 7/64 blue amsteel vs Lawson Kline Iron Wire
Thanks Nathan. I'll think I'll go with tried and true amsteel.

In Hammocks » 7/64 blue amsteel vs Lawson Kline Iron Wire
August 19, 7:10pm

Re: Denali
Amazing trip report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Cassin Ridge, Denali - harder and more rewarding than expected
August 19, 6:16am

7/64 blue amsteel vs Lawson Kline Iron Wire
Looking to buy some cordage for my suspension and structural ridgeline. Amsteel seems to be the popular choice among hammockers. Plenty of videos on it and it appears to be easy enough to work wi...

In Hammocks » 7/64 blue amsteel vs Lawson Kline Iron Wire
August 18, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re:
Great TR, pictures, and video. "Holy crap" is right!

In Post-Trip Reports » Two trips in two weeks! Duck Pass and Gianelli Cabin THs
August 18, 9:50pm

Re: price drop
How much does everything weigh without the stakes?

In Gear Swap » FS: Evernew 400ml Cup + Sidewinder Ti-Tri Bundle with Rota Locura lid
August 18, 3:30pm

Re: Let's talk boot gaiters
I have the OR Verglass gaiters. They are somewhat similar to the Crocs but a bit lighter, I can't replace the strap without sewing a new one on (I believe you can with the Crocs), but they att...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Let's talk boot gaiters
August 18, 2:44pm

ALDHA West Gathering ok for weekend warriors?
The list of keynote speakers looks pretty interesting and this looks like something I would enjoy. Is this typically only attended by through hikers or is it safe for a mere weekend warrior to go ...

In Chaff » ALDHA West Gathering ok for weekend warriors?
August 18, 2:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm