BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 181 - 190 of 3425 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...343

Forum » Thread

Re: A6000
The 16mm I bought from you (I believe... or was it someone else?) has been wonderful to work with. It was the only lens I brought with me on the Wonderland Trail this week.

In Photography » Sony a6000 or OM-D EM10
September 09, 1:17am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cameras and the Police
Yes, worn on the body. Hundreds of thousands of cops with varying opinions on the topic I'm sure. I think most police understand that in the age of camera phones, it's nice to have yo...

In Chaff » Cameras and the Police
September 02, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Cameras and the Police
I think a debate on Ferguson (not that you're starting one) is pointless. There's not enough information available yet. A mic-camera would be tremendously helpful right now. Considering ...

In Chaff » Cameras and the Police
September 02, 5:34pm

Re: Costco?
I get my Lara Bars, raw almonds, and whatnot from them. I also stock up on Ibuprofen. They have a decent beginners dehydrator there for $40. I'll probably upgrade later this year but so ...

In GEAR » Costco?
September 02, 12:25pm

Re: photo math
I follow Tony on YouTube and think he's a great source of information on stuff like this. http://petapixel.com/2014/03/28/concise-explanation-crop-factor-affects-focal-length-aperture/

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 10:15pm

Re: photo math
APS-C is basically 1.5 so a 50mm lens is 75mm on a full frame 35mm body. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS-C

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 5:28pm

Re: Sony a6000 vs OMD EM 10
I think the A6000 is great for still photography. It's my understanding that its menu is more intuitive and easier to navigate than that of the NEX6. Never owned the OMD EM 10. My A6000 ...

In Photography » Sony a6000 or OM-D EM10
September 01, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: 2 base layers vs 1 thicker layer.
I've found that in subfreezing temperatures, that it's better for me to wear the thickest baselayer I'd feel comfortable hiking in and not overheat, and to have a puffy on standby for b...

In GEAR » 2 base layers vs 1 thicker layer.
September 01, 10:09am

Re: Re: Re: The trail food you just can't stand.
Road kill makes good survival stew if you ever go to Ft Bragg for SERE-C. It adds that extra *something* to round out the earthworms and grubs the instructors have already thrown in. Cesar, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The trail food you just can't stand.
August 31, 5:55pm

Re: just curious
I've never trusted their bags, new or old, so never used them. I've had no complaints pairing the filter with an Evernew bag. I've carried it this way on several trips without inc...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze bag longevity?
August 30, 5:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm