Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 181 - 190 of 629 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...63

Forum » Thread

Carry weight on the shoulders...
Roger, I don't understand the point of a frame if you are carrying most of the weight on your shoulders. I am honestly curious why you want a frame. I hate carrying any weight on my shoulders...

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 08, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Rickets
"The number of micro-nutrients we haven't identified yet must be huge." +1 Who knows what we don't know. The keep finding more and more... My daughter gets a daily multi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 07, 3:21pm

Bury it...
and dig it up years later?!? ;^)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dried Kim Chee
January 06, 5:19pm

The problem with heat
is that it will destroy some of the vitamins. Vitamin C is particularly vunerable. I would be concerned that too much of the "good" stuff would be lost with the heat, especially conside...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Juicer + Dehydrator
January 06, 12:59pm

Sleeping bags
We first used two sleeping bags zipped together. My wife what fine with it, but I didn't like it. I felt that a 2P quilt would work better. I made one (the Ray Way one) and it worked much be...

In GEAR » 1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?
January 02, 3:02pm

Base 2
Personally, I prefer base 2. Simple and easy. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 2:31pm

Me too
"To me, any conscious decision to save weight is a step in the right direction... In my mind these are big improvements in a hobby. Some new gear has obviously contributed, but honestly mindse...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 2:20pm

Good luck
Yes, it can be turned low enough to bake. However, it will not maintain that flame level very long. It will likely drop, requiring you to adjust. The problem is that when you turn the knob the f...

In GEAR » ?? For Whisperlite Internat'l owners
January 02, 12:47pm

2P tent
My wife and I slept fine in a small tent. It was at least 40 inches wide for its entire length. That would seem to be a requirement to me, unless both of you are small. We just put two like matt...

In GEAR » 1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?
January 02, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: fire
"Campfires have caused a lot of ecological problems around well used areas...After crushing up the coals and dousing with water, I kick a bunch of dirt and debris over the fire to conceal it. ...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 18, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm