BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 181 - 190 of 613 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...62

Forum » Thread

Dollar store
I picked up some cooling racks at the dollar store. Light and cheap. Something like this (but lighter): http://www.target.com/p/calphalon-kitchen-essentials-cooling-rack/-/A-10941577?ref=t...

In GEAR » Ultralight grill for fish, tortillas, sausages, etc.
December 17, 2:20pm

Oil
I have found that plain cooking oil works great. It burns long enough to dry small twigs and keep them burning. 3 oz will go a long way. It may not work as well as a rad flare, but you might act...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 17, 12:20pm

stick bread
Yum. We still do that camping sometimes. Always with butter, cinnamon and sugar.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 16, 8:32am

Belly fat
I've always just angled the front of the hip belt down to avoid that problem. Even when I was 200 lbs (at 5'8") I never carried any weight on my shoulders. Even with heavy (>50 lb...

In GEAR » Hip belt usage and the squish-fit ?
December 13, 11:00am

Using regular ballons
I am interested to see how your complete solution works out. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

In GEAR » Negative weight camp pillow
December 12, 5:16pm

Ballon air mattress
Someone has made one: http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/2005/11/poly-tube-down-air-mattress-dam-part-1.html

In GEAR » Negative weight camp pillow
December 12, 2:16pm

Same time, clothes, etc.
Make sure you weight yourself at the same time, with the same clothes and "conditions". Most people are the lightest in the morning after their first "bathroom break" and befor...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gaining weight from sleeping in the cold?
December 11, 6:33pm

weight
Not exactly light at 356 grams (12.5 oz), but it is robust.

In Make Your Own Gear » $7 Waist Belt
December 06, 10:36pm

Re: Re: $14 and a bit more robust...
I will weight when I get home (already have it). I wasn't concerned with its weight when i bought it as it is for my heavy load pack. But, it didn't seem overly heavy, but looks can be de...

December 06, 4:22pm

$14 and a bit more robust...
I ordered one of these and plan to use it to upgrade the waist belt on my heavy pack: http://www.rei.com/product/798143/rei-xt-85-hipbelt

December 06, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm